Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: incorrect date shown on calendar

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21515

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Support,

I have the same reaction to handing over admin access. Once you identify the source of the problem, and the means to fix it, please let me (us) know, and we can take it from there.

Thanks,

--Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21532

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Terry and Peter,

Please be informed, that we have resolved the timezone problem on Nancy's website by adding the following line in spider-event-calendar/front_end/bigcalendarmonth_widget.php file:
date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

Please try this and let us know in case you have questions.
Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21551

Thank you, Support. I've modified the code as stated, have to wait till tonight to check functionality.

Appreciate the support...

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21553

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Terry/Support,

I've found the plug-in edit file for spider-event-calendar/calendar.php, but where should I look inside this file for (spider-event-calendar/front_end/bigcalendarmonth_widget.php) where I need to insert the line date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');?

Hereby revealing my newbie status at this game, how should the lines of code look immediately before and after the inserted line, including any other symbols that need to be inserted?

Thanks,

Peter
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Peter Shapiro. Reason: found the plug-in file for editing.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21556

Peter,

Inside the plugins folder is the folder "spider_event_calendar". Inside that folder is another folder called "front_end". Inside that folder is the file "bigcalendarmonth_widget.php".

Be sure and edit the file with a standard text editor, not Wordpad or a word processor. Notepad will work, but a good freebie is "PSPad Editor" if you don't have anything else. I use a commercial editor called "WeBuilder 2015".

Place (copy/paste) the line Support gave above inside the "<?php" tag in that file.

Note that this is for the widget version. The full version seems to be "bigcalendarmonth.php", so I added the line to that file also.

And on a side note, this is also the file where I corrected the problem with the Category Legend not behaving according to the option setting, but that's a different issue...
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Terry Lovegrove.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21558

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Terry,

I've found the "bigcalendarmonth_widget.php" file... thanks for your help on that. It says the file is "inactive"... is that correct, given that the Calendar widget is currently showing on my site (www.peterdshapiro.com)?

I'm inside the WP Plug-in editor, and am planning simply to copy/paste or type in the line provided by Support. Is the WP editor not a standard text editor?

I could find the right place to do what needs to be done faster if I could see a copy of the lines just before & after your inserted line. EG, there are several appearances of a "<?php" tag in this file, including right at the top. Given that, what does it mean to be "inside" of that tag. Since I'm coding-illiterate, it would be safest if I just copied what you've done.

Thanks,

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21563

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Terry/Support,

I inserted the line suggested by Support just below the "<?php" tag at the top of the file, and LO & BEHOLD, it solved the problem! The date on the calendar which had incorrectly shifted to Jan 11th shifted back to Jan 10th. So far, so good!

Thanks,

Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21566

Peter, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Glad to hear you got it sorted...

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21585

• Support
Dear Terry and Peter,

We are glad you have everything sorted out. Let us know in case you have other questions.
Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21632

Is it possible to add a "check box" to the Edit Theme page so users can decide if they want the current day cell border color to be different or not? I operate a site with an international audience...I have tried using the same color for both the cell border color and the current day cell border color, however, it "bolds" the border making it still stand out.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21660

• Support
Dear Matthew,

Please be informed, that unfortunately Spider Calendar does not have the mentioned functionality.
Thank you.

P.S. Next time please create a new topic, if your requirement is different, than the one discussed in the topic you're posting to.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21690

Support,

Yes, I am aware the Spider Calendar does not have the functionality I suggested. That was the reason I recommended adding it.

I'm not sure why you feel this is a new topic for this thread. The calendar does not display the current day cell border color for the correct time zone in which my site is hosted. What is the solution to resolve this issue? Since I am unlikely to be the only person using the Spider Calendar with an international audience for their site, having a current day cell border color means the current day cell border is always going to be incorrect for a reasonable portion of the site's audience, i.e. the incorrect date is shown on the calendar.

We need a solution to resolve this issue, so the current date function is dynamic, i.e. it displays the date for the time zone where the viewers are located, or just have an option to remove the current day cell border color feature since it only works if your audience is in the same time zone as the arbitrary time zone selected by the Spider Calendar.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21712

• Support
Dear Matthew,

Thank you for the recommendation. We plan to majorly update Spider Calendar and we'll consider your suggestion when developing the version.

As for the problem, please be informed, that the solution is described in this topic from #21532 to #21558 posts.
Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds