Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: incorrect date shown on calendar

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21131

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
My spider calendar widget www.peterdshapiro.com shows today as January 2, 2015, whereas where I am now (US, eastern time zone) it is still January 1, 2015, at 7:20PM. I don't see where I can correct this. Please advise. Many thanks, Peter
The administrator has disabled public write access.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21178

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Peter,

If fixing this problem is not very urgent for you, please contact us to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. after January 6th and provide temporary full admin access to your website. Our development team will be available then and will work on the problem.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21204

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, Many thanks for your reply concerning the incorrect date. Is this possibly something I can fix myself following your directions? I'm assuming that the reason for the error is that my calendar believes that it is based in a different time zone, eg in the UK, rather than in the US (eastern time), so when it is evening here, it shows a day later (UK time)... I notice, for example, that right now it is still showing January 2nd, correctly, but I expect that it will move to January 3rd after 7pm tonight my time.

So, if you can guide me to the place to change the time zone designation, I'll try to do it.

Thanks,

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21214

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, as I suspected would happen, it is now after 7PM US eastern time, Friday 2Jan2015, and the calendar now marks today as Satdy 3Jan2015, so the problem must relate to an incorrect time zone reference.

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21225

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Peter,
Just wanted to let you know I am having the same problem. Are you also having the problem with the name of the month disappearing after about 2 seconds after you first go to your website?

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21226

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nancy, no, in my case the name of the month persists on the screen, both on my PC and on a smartphone.

Do you have any ideas where to find the time-zone reference?

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21227

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
I looked at your site and saw that you don't have the disappearing month name issue. I'm glad for you.

As for the time-zone difference, I have not been able to find a place where the time zone can be changed within the calendar program. My Wordpress time zone is set for NY time, so I assumed the calendar would just follow that. But it was not to be. I'll keep searching and let you know if I find anything.

By the way, I like your site. It's simple, uncluttered and easy to use.
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Nancy Stone.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21250

• Support
Dear Nancy,

The calendar is using the time zone of your server, thus if it is located in another time zone that yours, it will display another time zone. But if you want us we can customize the time zone if you send us temporary full Admin access to info[at]web-dorado.com. Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21284

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Web-Dorado dev team & Nancy,

So I think I located the problem, with the help of my webhoster.

My Wordpress file was set to the GMT timezone. It was fixed (I think) by going to the Wordpress Dashboard -> Settings -> Timezone, and re-setting for a city in the same timezone as mine, eg NYC.

Given the change, we'll see at 7pm this evening whether the calendar still shows today's date correctly or jumps forward to tomorrow's date. I'll let you know.

Thanks,
--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21285

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
I just noticed your comment, Nancy, that your Wordpress was already set for the NYC timezone. I'll let you know if the change that was made for my site makes any difference.

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21287

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Peter,
Unfortunately, I don't think that is going to work, but please let me know.
Nancy

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21288

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
Support,
The server is on Pacific time, my Wordpress website bigapplenets.org is on Eastern time and the calendar is on UTC. I sent admin rights to you yesterday. Please go ahead and customize. Thanks!
Nancy

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21302

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Nancy,

You're right... it didn't work. It's now just after 7pm US eastern time, and the calendar shows that today (5 January) is tomorrow (6 January).

web Dorado Support: Can you suggest how to change this widget's time zone reference? Apparently fixing the time zone on my Wordpress general settings was insufficient.

Thanks.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21303

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm sorry I was right about it. Send temporary admin rights to the Web-Dorado email and ask them to fix it. Apparently, the support team will be back tomorrow.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21305

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm reluctant to give others admin rights to my site. I'm hoping that the web-dorado dev team can point the way to fix this problem. Accordinging to reviews, the timezone bug has affected other users as well, and has been around for some time. i'm looking forward to hearing what the dev team has to suggest.

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21334

• Support
Dear Peter,

Looks like the problem on Nancy's website is the same as it is on yours. We will let you know about the solution we'll implement on her site.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21355

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've just done a little experiment.... I changed the timezone on my Wordpress general settings to Sydney Australia, where it is already January 7th. The Calendar on my site did not respond... it still shows January 6th. One possibility is that the timezone the Calendar registered when I first activated it, which was incorrectly set on my Wordpress as UK time, does not get refreshed when the Wordpress settings are changed.

So, I plan to deactivate the Spider Calendar, and then re-activate it while my Wordpress is set for US Eastern Time... and see if that has solved the problem when 7pm rolls around.

I'll let you know.

Thanks,

--Peter

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21367

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
OK, I give up. I uninstalled the calendar, deactivated it, deleted it, and then re-installed a new one. As of now after 7pm eastern US time, it also shows today (6 Jan) as tomorrow (7 Jan), although my Wordpress site is correctly set as US eastern time. Also, now the Calendar appears on the sidebar of all my Pages as well as on the Home page, whereas before it was only on the Home page (which is how I want it)... I can't find how I achieved this before.

Looking forward to any suggestions you have about correcting the timezone reference and about limiting the appearance to the Home page sidebar.

My site is www.peterdshapiro.com.

Thanks.

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21368

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Peter,
As you know, I can't solve your first problem, but maybe I can be of help on the second one:
In the dashboard under "Appearance" then "Widgets" click on Spider Calendar. Click the dropdown arrow and then the "Visibility" button. Choose PAGE after "Show If" and then choose the page you want the calendar to show up on.

Hope this helps.
Nancy

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21369

• Peter Shapiro
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Nancy,

Yes, it did help, many thanks.

I hope the Web-Dorado support folks can resolve the timezone issue. Although for those of us in the Eastern time zone, there are only five hours each day when the Calendar shows the wrong current date, it's an irritating error. I like the appearance of the widget Calendar but longer term would need one that shows the correct date. Hope this can be fixed.

--Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21370

• Nancy Stone
  • Fresh Boarder
Peter, I think you and I were working on our websites at a time when the development team was on holiday. They are just back at work today, so I think it's fair to give them a day or two. I really like the Spider calendar and all of its flexibility - particular in regard to the color schemes. I don't even really need the calendar, I just like the little pop of red it gives the website.

This is the first website I've ever built and I admit that I was surprised at how illogical WP seems at times. I put an insane number of hours into a rudimentary website that looks like it took an hour. So, suffice to say, I understand your frustration. But I think your website looks great, and does exactly what you need it to do. One little bug doesn't change that, especially when it will probably be fixed by the end of the week. :) So hang in there!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21388

• Support
Dear Nancy and Peter,

Thank you for understanding and for sticking with our products.
Please be informed, that our development team is working on the support tickets already and we will get back to you soon with good news.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21454

I'm also having the same problem with the time difference, and the current date advancing hours before it should.

WordPress is set to the correct time zone, and my host server is 2 hours behind my time (not hours ahead), so I don't think it's a server time issue.

I'd also like to know how to resolve the issue. I can make any necessary changes, just need to know what and where. Thanks...

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21465

• Support
Dear Terry,

Could you please give us (to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) admin access to your site, by indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll look into your issue as soon as possible.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

incorrect date shown on calendar 9 years 4 months ago #21514

Hi Support,

I appreciate the offer, but as a general rule I don't give admin access to any of my sites except in extreme instances. Hope you understand.

I can look through the code and try to find the location to correct this, I just thought it would be easier and save some time if I knew specifically where to look.

I do appreciate the offer to look at it...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds