Authorize.Net Direct Post Method (DPM)
Authorize.Net Direct Post Method, also know as DPM is one of the 4 Authorize.net payment integrations methods.This integration allows to proceed with the transaction gathering the information by website-based form, submitting the information and getting back to the user keeping the Authorize.Net virtually transparent.
The payment information is not being stored within the merchant’s server, thus the data sensibility issue is resolved here. As a result the user is not required to purchase and install SSL digital certificate.
The main advantage of this method is that the user does not leave the website, since the process of transaction is virtually invisible. In addition the form which is used to gather payment information from the user corresponds to the overall design of the online store.
In advance to using the payment method it is important to make sure to have:
- Bank account which allows Internet transactions,
- Authorize.Net Payment Gateway account,
The form content can be modified. In addition to the required fields, which are necessary for the transaction, there is a list of optional fields which can be included. The optional fields can be enabled from the Options menu of the payment tool.
Installation and Set up
To install the tool, go to Ecommerce WD>Tools. Press “Choose file” and select ecommercewd_authorizenetdpm.zip file, press “Upload and Install” button.
The tool will appear and become accessible from the Payment Systems Menu, where you can publish and unpublish the tool. Click on “Authorize.net(DPM)” to open the tool options.
In API options tab you can select the checkout mode- test or live. Then you should provide the API login and transaction keys. You can fill in test and/or live mode keys.
To obtain the keys, please follow the steps below:
- Log into your Merchant Interface at https://account.authorize.net.
- Click Account from the main toolbar.
- Click Settings in the main left side menu.
- Click API Login ID and Transaction Key in the Security Settings section.
- Under Create New Transaction Key, enter your Secret Answer.
- Note: When obtaining a new Transaction Key, you may choose to disable the old Transaction Key by clicking the box titled, Disable Old Transaction Key(s). You may want to do this if you suspect your previous Transaction Key is being used fraudulently.
- Click Submit.