Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change form's From email address to sender's email

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 4 months ago #1699

• Dave Moor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Administrator

I have applied your change which did not seem to make any difference (but it is late so I will try again tomorrow.

The changes to the php seems to just use the mail field from the form maker table as the from address. Is this correct?

What I would actually like is the from field for the email to be the contents of my 4_elementform_id_temp field (which is the email field on my public form). Is this possible?

Thanks

Dave
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Dave Moor. Reason: Missed a closing bracket
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 4 months ago #1705

• Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 64
Dear Dave,
If you are talking about the submission email address that the administrator gets, in the latest version of Form Maker the "From" email is automatically taken from the form. If you are using an old version, please contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we will send you the latest version.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Last Edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Administrator.

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 4 months ago #1795

• Dave Moor
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi

Thanks for your reply. I have found the problem.

For anyone else having the same issue, the Email field has a 'Send email to Submitter' tick box. If this is not checked the email will come from the default email ([email protected]). If you check this box the email you receive is 'from' the submitter.

Thanks for a great plugin.

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jan

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 4 months ago #1804

• Andrew
  • Fresh Boarder
Karen Whitley wrote:
Karen's suggestion has solved my problem - many thanks for the posting!

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 2 weeks ago #3607

How can I change the sender email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and Subject in word "wordpress" in customer copy. It means, can I change "wordpress" word to another.

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 11 years 2 weeks ago #3608

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Sampath,

Please follow the post #1542 on this thread to solve your problem: web-dorado.com/forum/26-form-maker/1380-...o-senders-email.html
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 9 years 6 months ago #19323

Hello. I have the most recent Form Maker Pro (downloaded yesterday) and don't see any information in this forum on how, when the user fills out the form and sends it to me, they receive a copy as well to their own email address. This is a summer program, so I have no way to predict sender email addresses nor is there any information on how to fill out "Email From" What do I write in that box to tell it to use the sender's email address?

Re: Change form's From email address to sender's email 9 years 6 months ago #19339

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Julie,

Please be informed, that this post is a year old and the product has been modified a lot. Here is how you should configure the Email Options: web-dorado.com/wordpress-form-maker-guide-3.html. Please refer to point 3.2 Email Options.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds