Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems

Problems 11 years 3 months ago #2000

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having problems :)
Last Edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Vizionz.
The topic has been locked.

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2005

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
really not happy with this at all everything i am trying with this is not working. i try to add a like button and it ends up not in articles but in a marquee on my template

i tried to add the register for site feature that gives me an error it does not do anything i thought it would do :(

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2006

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder

then i already have this on the website. which i cant figure out how its being called since i have not messed with this website in awhile and just started again. but have a comment box already on the site

i want to do that for starters

them three images are done in photoshop from my existing template i want to do that
and if possible i would even like them buttons and comment box to match the template the user is currently viewing since i have both a light and dark version of the template

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2007

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Vizionz,

We are sorry for inconvenience. The problem is that Spider Facebook is a new product and manual and videos will be available shortly. However we have sent you the manual and hope that it will help you. Also you can hover over the field titles to see more details about that specific field.

To make everything simpler, follow the steps bellow to successfully create and connect your Facebook application to our product:

1. Go to the Facebook Developers Apps page, and sign in with your Facebook username and password (If you are new to developers page then "Register a Developer Account" button will be available. Follow the steps to create a free developer account on Facebook).
2. After pressing the register button read the Facebook Platform Policies and decide if you accept them. Once you've read the Facebook Platform Policies click the "Continue" button. Note that by clicking the "Continue" button, you agree to the Facebook Platform Policies.
3. You may be asked to verify your account by providing a mobile number or credit card number. If your Facebook account has already been verified, you may not be asked to verify your account.
4. You may also encounter a Captcha security check. Enter the Captcha code and click the "Submit" button.
5. After signing in click the "Create New App" button.
6. Enter a name for the application in the "App Name" field. Using your site name is recommended. Leave other fields intact.
7. You should now be on the Basic (Basic Settings) page for your app, where the App Name you provided in Step 6 will be shown in the "Display Name" field. Check that this name is correct, and that your contact email address is correct, and then proceed to the "App Domains" field.
8. Enter your domain name in the "App Domains" field (e.g. example.com without 'www' or 'http://').
9. Next, scroll down to the "Select how your app integrates with Facebook" section of the Basic page, and click "Website with Facebook Login." This section will expand to show a "Site URL" field.
10. Enter your site URL in the "Site URL" field (e.g. www.example.com ).
11. Click the "Save Changes" button.

Final step: Copy your Facebook App ID which can be found by clicking "Settings" in the navigation menu on the left side of the page, and then clicking the "Basic" link, which will take you to the Basic Settings page. Your Facebook App ID will appear beside the "App ID" field, located near the top of the page. Once you've copied your App ID, paste it into App ID field in Spider Facebook's admin page.

After completing this steps you can use the features of Spider Facebook in full.

Now what concerns to the placement of buttons, you can use shortcodes (shortcodes will work only if the plugin is enabled) and place them wherever in article you want.

Please let us know if you have any further problems.

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)
Last Edit: 11 years 3 months ago by Support.

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2008

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
okay i have the app id in the admin area. and even added that code to my templates index file like in the directions.

have the plugin enabled and i am not getting any like button in my articles

also when i put the register link on site and click it it gave me You may have previously blocked this app on Facebook. Go to your Facebook privacy settings to unblock this app. (Error: That 'redirect_uri' isn't allowed for that client_id.)

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2009

• Support
Dear Vizionz,

Like Button: Make sure you have selected articles, or checked the All Articles checkbox in Like Button settings page.

Attachment articles.png not found

Register Button: Please go to your Facebook app page and make sure you have correctly completed the following steps (this will solve the problem with registration button).

8. Enter your domain name in the "App Domains" field (e.g. example.com without http:// or www).

1.PNG

Attachment 2.PNG not found

9. Next, scroll down to the "Select how your app integrates with Facebook" section of the Basic page, and click "Website with Facebook Login." This section will expand to show a "Site URL" field.

Attachment 3.PNG not found

10. Enter your site URL in the "Site URL" field (e.g. www.example.com ).

Attachment 4.PNG not found

11. Click the "Save Changes" button.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2010

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
with the like button i was able to get them appear. still learning how to make it more custum for my needs but making progress. i had to put in the actual article {spiderfacebook id=2} to make them appear even with all articles checked

the register link does not work though. i have done that exactly and still does the same thing

Ps: if you have any type of messanger please add me

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2011

• Support
Dear Vizionz,

Could you please give us admin access to your site and we'll try to create a Register Button with our Facebook test app, to make sure that the problem is not related with your app settings. We'll leave that button for your reference, which you can remove later.

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2012

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
do you have a im program of any type i dont see a pm with this forum

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2013

• Support
Dear Vizionz,

No. We can only communicate by email and forum.
Please give us a link (to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) to your site and temporary admin user account, and we will try to find out the problem as soon as possible.

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2014

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
i sent the info to the email i got earlier

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2015

• Support
Dear Vizionz,

First of all:
8. Enter your domain name in the "App Domains" field (e.g. example.com without http:// or www).

Attachment dom.PNG not found

Secondly:
We have created a Register Button with our test app id and it works fine:

Attachment reg.png not found

You can check it yourself by clicking on the Register Button.

Also it is mandatory to add the Domain in the Spider Facebook's backend:

Attachment Domain.JPG not found

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2016

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
okay yeah that works now i see why it wasnt :)

now if i could actually find out whats calling the comments box on the actual website and not the test site

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2019

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
actually got another question you said if i wanted to put the like buttons wherever. i put {spiderfacebook id=3} in the template file and its not generating anything.

well when i click all articles it adds the button to each article but why wont it show them buttons on the main page ? its only showing them when you go to the individual article

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2028

• Support
Dear Vizionz,

I said thatSupport wrote:
you can use shortcodes (shortcodes will work only if the plugin is enabled) and place them wherever in article you want.

So that means that you have to put it inside the article using the editor, and not editing the template file.

--
Best regards
Web-Dorado team
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Horrible Purchase 11 years 3 months ago #2029

• Vizionz
  • Fresh Boarder
okay i think you should remove this post from the forum though. i wont be keeping them images on my server and it will be broken links and alot of the posts have horrible purchase on them so not really good first impression :) i got all the info i needed its working fine for me now
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds