Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sort order problem

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26205

I've searched for a similar problem but don't see this one.

I have the Gallery in the order I want. When I generate the short code using sort by order it comes out totally out of the order I had it in. However when I click on a photo the light box comes up with them in the order I wanted originally. I've made at least a dozen galleries and never with this result. I've removed and added the photos a few times.. regenerated the short code... nada.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26220

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Roy,

There was a similar bug a few months ago, so could you please check if you have a new version of Photo Gallery? If it is new, please contact us to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and give temporary admin access to your site, indicating the forum post link in your email subject. We'll try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roy "Duende" Harrison

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26257

Thanks.. I'll connect via email.

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26270

• Support
Dear Roy,

We've received your e-mail. We will respond shortly.
Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26306

Please excuse my ignorance. How do I lock image sort order and display sequence. Every image added go into 1st position overriding original sort order - I have to re order sequence over and over and over.

Mike S

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26317

• Support
Dear Michael,

If you are referring to the frontend of the gallery, could you please specify if you have the ordering by date in accending order?

As for the backend, please note, that the latest added images are being sent to the very end, however, this doesn't affect to the frontend order.
Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Last Edit: 9 years 1 week ago by Support.

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26326

Front end? Back end? I don't know what those terms mean. Again please forgive my ignorance..I am learning. I'll add an image which then always appears at the very front of the " gallery". If I publish the gallery the image appears as #1 in the slideshow, unless I move or re number the order of importance ascending in edit mode at "add images to gallery" function. I wouldn't know how to select date order but I have always manually re number in ascending order.

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26346

• Support
Dear Michael,

Here is how you can select the date order, which will resolve the confusion you are facing and the published gallery will appear in the desired order on the page/post.

Please open the editor of the page or post, where you are going to publish your gallery. Click on the small camera icon, which as you already know, is the shortcode editor for Photo Gallery. Please check the screenshot attached. You need to specify the order in the highlighted dropdown menu. You can also set ascending or descending date order for your images.

Thank you.
Attachments:
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Sort order problem 9 years 1 week ago #26378

My fault - I am not clear.

In small camera icon, I have the "order set. I assume this means photo #1. then photo #2, then photo #3 etc. as the order is set up in Gallery at the Dashboard " add gallery images".

I want to lock that order, photo #1 will always be photo #1, photo #2 will always be photo #2 - on and on through all the images.

NOW any new image/photo, that I add, is automatically added as #1, changing the order and if I add several they all start at #1 not at the end of the gallery.

I want to LOCK that order, prevent new images from changing that order.

If it can't be done and I have to reorder every time......not happy with that.

Sort order problem 9 years 6 days ago #26389

• Support
Dear Michael,

Sorry for misunderstanding you. Could you please contact us to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and give temporary admin access to your website?Also indicate the forum post link in your email subject. We'll take a look at the problem as soon as possible.

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Sort order problem 9 years 4 days ago #26475

• Support
Dear Michael,

Our developers have finished working on your website. The following modifications were made to add the uploaded image to the end of the gallery (backend) automatically:
1. default value of order_by changed to desc
2. tbody.insertBefore(tr, tbody.firstChild); changed to tbody.insertBefore(tr, tbody.lastChild);

Thank you.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds