Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: FAQ content excluded from "search this site"?

FAQ content excluded from "search this site"? 9 years 9 months ago #15762

I now notice that none of my FAQ content is indexed by WP's Search facility.

This is a major issue for me.

WordPress provides a great "Search this site" facility, but all of the answers to my frequently asked questions are excluded. How's that going to work?

I see that you provide a search facility within your FAQ page, but that is no substitute for having the "frequently required" material being indexed by the integrated whole-site search facility, whose widget is available from all pages across my site.

I have made this situation more difficult for myself by extending my use of your faq facility to be a kind of "read more" facility on pages throughout my site. This makes the pages more simple for a casual reader, and advanced readers can click on one of your questions to see technical material. .... It looks really great, but none of this tech material is available via search. It is not even available for search on my FAQ page, because your search facility is page-specific.

Is there any way to get the material in your answers indexed by WP's search facility?

Is there any way that I can get a site-wide search facility across all of your "answers" rather than just a page-specific search.

In the answer is No to the above, do you have any suggestions for how to work around this limitation?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FAQ content excluded from "search this site"? 9 years 9 months ago #15780

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Barry,

Unfortunately it is not possible. You can only use the Search of Spider FAQ.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.443 seconds