WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Craig Gregoire replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I'm confused. Is the update 2.7.2 working or not? And how do I manually update it since it's not in the WP database.

The topic has been locked.

Lorianne Holt replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

The new update 2.7.2 worked for me. I updated all of my sites, works fine. Download the new file from your download area, deactivate and delete current plugin, and install the latest version. Everything came right back up and works fine:-)

Daniel Seiler replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Hi there,

The update brings back the form to the website but more problems.... the captcha code is not loading and in most cases the form even if it brings success messages after sending the mail itself is not received.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Daniel

Support replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Dear all,

If any of you are facing problems after you update the plugin, delete the form shortcode and reinsert it to the page, please give us (to [email protected]) admin access to your site, by indicating the full link of your forum post in your email subject. The problems might be related to your website configurations, so we'll fix the problem on the website as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Tahir Selcuk Timur replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I had the same problem <code> </code> worked fine. I wanted to update the plugin.

I had paid for Form Maker and I see "no subscriptions" when I click on "my products" either.

Dear Tahir,

Have you purchased the product more than a year ago? Please contact us to [email protected] and give temporary full admin access to it. We will take a look at the problem and solve it as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

oae replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Hi Support,

Sorry for the delay, I'll prepare a copy of the site on which you'll be able to make all tests you want, and send you acces in few minutes

Dear customer,

Thank you, we will wait for that. Please make sure to send to [email protected].

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

E-mail sent ;)

Daniel Seiler replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I have just sent you an email with details for admin access to 4utrust.de. The forms confirms it has been successfully submitted but no mail is received. I have updated the plugin, deleted the form shortcode and reinserted to the page.... -no success.

Best regards,

Daniel

john wilson replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

yikes! now i am in even worse shape.

as instructed, i deactivated and deleted the previous version.

downloaded the upate from my products 2.7.20

uploaded and tried to install but got:
Destination folder already exists. /home/content/77/10356677/html/wp-content/plugins/form-maker/

if i go to that folder via FTP and delete it, will i lose all my previous forms?

Richard Collinson replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

Just posting to register my problem, email sent with login details... got form back with the wrap around code but it looks terrible.

john wilson replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

i went to the plugin folder via FTP and the form maker folder was still there but only had an images folder with two files that looked like they were mine. so i deleted the whole formaker folder and the update successfully installed. things are now working as before. whew! :cheer:

Grant Allman replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I tried the temp fix and it is working well.
Hope the fix that is coming recognizes tha we use the <code></code> to make it work

Robert Gilhooly replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I notice that when I update Form Maker from the plugin screen it does not update to the latest version. It is updating to 2.7.17 not 2.7.20. I don't know if my Wordpress is going to a repository or to Web-Dorado to get the latest update.

Brian Topolinsky replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I am not feeling very comfortable with this plugin. I actually paid for the pro version and have had numerous problems with it.
My inputs for some of the forms are light grey and hardly visible. I can't get any of the captcha to work. Not even the simple one will show up.
I have had to get the developer to fix them for me a couple of times.
Now this happens and I haven't been able to use my forms on my website for a few days now. What good is advertising my site, when potential visitors can't submit any forms?
Now this problem, I was able to update the plugin, but again I have the same issues with light grey inputs, and captchas not working....
I have emailed the developer to ask for a fix once again.
I realize they may be busy with other things, but I am a paying customer, and too have unreliable forms not working is not good for my business.
Getting a little frustrated here.....

The following user(s) said Thank You: RCS

Dear all,

If you have updated your Form Maker, have done all the steps mentioned before, here is the solution, which you can implement yourself. It is not necessary to be a developer, since the instructions are clear, but in case you have any doubts, please feel free to contact us to [email protected]. We will make the changes.

So here we go:
1. Please go to your Plugins section of the WordPress admin panel of your website.
2. Find Form Maker and click Edit under the plugin title, you will access the plugin editor.
3. Please scroll down to the end of the code and add the following code before the main PHP ?> brackets:

add_shortcode('Form', 'fm_shortcode');

function fm_shortcode($attrs) {
$new_shortcode = '[Form';
foreach ($attrs as $key=>$value) {
$new_shortcode .= ' ' . $key . '="' . $value . '"';
}
$new_shortcode .= ']';
return $new_shortcode;
}

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: oae

Also, please note, that the code above is only for Form Maker. Here are the solutions, which go to the same place:

for Contact Form Builder

add_shortcode('Contact_Form_Builder', 'cfm_shortcode');

function cfm_shortcode($attrs) {
$new_shortcode = '[Contact_Form_Builder';
}
$new_shortcode .= ']';
return $new_shortcode;
}

for Contact Form Maker

add_shortcode('wd_contact_form', 'contact_fm_shortcode');

function contact_fm_shortcode($attrs) {
$new_shortcode = '[wd_contact_form';
}
$new_shortcode .= ']';
return $new_shortcode;
}

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Hi Support,

Thank you to the team for the fix. I'll remove the copy of the site I've done yesterday.

I can now consider the issue as fixed :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Support

Lisa Seter replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I am not showing the update on my WP Dashboard in FormMaker's plugins or featured plugins. So I need to request it or set up WP to ask for it or where else can I get it?

Using the code tags allows the form to be visible, but it looks bad. This thing has to launch in the next week. I'm using the Stanley WP theme.

Dear Lisa,

If you are using Form Maker, please go to your Plugins section of the WordPress admin panel of your website. Then find Form Maker and click Edit under the plugin title, you will access the plugin editor. Please scroll down to the end of the code and add the following code before the main PHP ?> brackets:

add_shortcode('Form', 'fm_shortcode');

function fm_shortcode($attrs) {
$new_shortcode = '[Form';
}
$new_shortcode .= ']';
return $new_shortcode;
}

In case you have trouble doing this, please contact us to [email protected] and give temporary full admin access. We will make the modification for you.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Lisa Seter replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I am pasting this into form-maker.php. correct? Your solution doesn't quite work.

The input field labels don't wrap, so the input area or the radio button choices cover my questions. My Captcha and Submit buttons are also floating out of alignment too high.

I am also missing the title of the form. I have a slight discoloration blob where the title should be, but it's not text.

These all seem like clearing or overflow CSS issues with the legend, label fields and buttons.

Dear Lisa,

Please give us (to [email protected]) temporary admin access to your website. We will take a look and try to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Also please don't forget to mention the full link of your forum post in the e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

RCS replied the topic: WordPress 4.0.1 update breaks forms

I'm on 2.6.6. When will you send the update for Wordpress so I can install from within the Plugin section of WP? I got forms working using temporary workaround.

Dear customer,

Please log in to your account of web-dorado.com and go to My Products. You will find the available update there.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds