error: Unsupported get request

Tim Stanek created the topic: error: Unsupported get request

Hi, great plugin. I am able to use this with several FB pages I manage, but there is one that just won't work! Could the problem by on the FB settings side? Attached error message:

Thanks!

TIM

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tim Stanek replied the topic: error: Unsupported get request

I found the answer here .

On FB page go to settings->general->turn off Country Restrictions. :)

Agapi G. replied the topic: error: Unsupported get request

Hello Tim!

Thank you for posting about the issue and sharing the solution you applied. It will be very helpful for other users who face the same problem.

Please feel free to let us know in case you'll face other problems with the plugin. We'll be happy to assist any time!

Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

A.G. Bakker replied the topic: error: Unsupported get request

Hi Tim,

I have still the problem.
Me using not a FB page, me using a FB group.
So when I select the group option and enter the code for the group in facebook Feed WD it stil give the error.

Someone have a sollution for me? Have more WebDorado plugins working fine and were easier to install

Tnx
Ad Bakker
The Netherlands

Hello Ad! Thank you for posting about this problem.

Firstly, we apologize for not responding you earlier. Our support forum was having technical difficulties.

Could you please make sure to create an app on developers.facebook.com/ , and add App ID and App Secret codes to Facebook Feed WD > Options page? This will most probably help and resolve the issue.

Here's a quick guide for creating a Facebook app: goo.gl/SSNHA2 . Let us know if this works.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi G.

I did already created an app id for the feed. Just made another one and had the same error.

While thinking about the problem I did reconize the status of the group, it's a closed community group. So I did a test on an open facebookpage and all went good. For me the problem is solved. I will buy the pro version. I know now not to use it with a closed community :-)

Perhaps an idea, make an option in the plugin to enter a closed community by entering a password. Facebook will show the posts only to members of that community.

Thanks for the help and the confussion is made by me due not good thinking about the way working with facebook.

Ad Bakker
The Netherlands

Hi Agapi,G,

There went something wrong with the upgrade to develloper. I've already the Pro 3 sites since january 7th and tried to click on upgrade to develloper. I ended up with another Pro license. So now I have 2 Pro licenses and need one Develloper license.

Please help me to adjust this. Perhaps you can refund the last order so I can retry to upgrade to develloper.

Thanks in advance
Ad Bakker

Hey Ad!

Unfortunately Facebook does not give information from closed profiles or communities, and Facebook Feed WD cannot have control over this. We will develop this in case Facebook API changes its functionality and makes this possible.

As for the Pro version of Facebook Feed WD, we checked your account, and looks like you purchased 2 Business licenses of the plugin. We can partially refund 20 USD from your payments, and then switch your subscription plan to Developer.

Please confirm and we will make the changes on your account.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Michael replied the topic: error: Unsupported get request

I am getting this same error. I have no country restrictions so not sure what the issue is.

Please help. Thank you

Hello Michael!

If you don't have Country Restrictions on your page, please make sure the page is Public (accessible without logging in to Facebook). If it still does not work, please post the link to the page that you are trying to add to your Facebook feed. We will check on our end.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Michael replied the topic: error: Unsupported get request

The page says it is accessible to everyone with no restrictions (see attached). Page url is www.facebook.com/theoriginaldogwalkingcompany

Please help.

Attachments:

Hey Michael!

Thank you for the screenshot! As I posted in this reply , most probably the page is not accessible from outside of Facebook, since it requires logging in. Could you please check this?

Let us know if it works.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds