How to choose fb language?

Ivan Bogardi created the topic: How to choose fb language?

I use this excellent Facebook Feed WD on a Hungarian website, here: varosvedo.hu/forum-2/ It shows Facebook in English, however I should like to use Hungarian Facebook. Is it possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: How to choose fb language?

Hello Ivan! Thank you for letting us know about this issue!

The translation file is in the plugin files. So it should be translated automatically, if you have set the language of your website to Hungarian from WordPress Settings.

In case it is set so, then there must be a problem in your Facebook Feed WD. Could we please take a look at it from your website admin? Kindly grant us access by sending temporary Administrator details to [email protected].

Our developers will check the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible. Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Ivan Bogardi replied the topic: How to choose fb language?

Thank you, Agapi. The plugin is translated, but there are fragments of English in the fb stream. E.g look at the changing of "See more". At the end of the first post you can click on the Hungarian word "Tovább". Then click on "Kevesebb" and suddenly you get "See more 2" instead of "Tovább".
"updated the group photo in" and some other words and sentences are in English too.
I'll send the temporary access to You.

Thank you for the admin access, Ivan!

I will review your ticket and assign it to our development team very soon. They will work on the problem and I'll keep you posted about the results.

Thanks, have an amazing week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ivan Bogardi

Hello Ivan!

I am happy to inform you, that the translation is now done properly on your website. Looks like one of them was missed, our development team has found it in the .po file and translated.

Could you please check your Facebook Feed WD and confirm this?
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you. This "Tovább-Kevesebb" changing is really solved.

But I see more English text, I write them in red. After = I write the Hungarian translation in green.
KG shared Városliget's photo to the group: Városvédők fóruma. = Megosztotta V fotóját a Városvédők Fóruma csoportban.
Bve Szerkesztőség updated the group photo in Városvédők fóruma. = X frissítette a VF csoport borítóképét
Maybe I shall find more. But these are standard textes in FB and there is a Hungarian version of FB, I use it. Are these meanings are part of the WD plugin or the Facebook?

Thanks, Ivan, I will ask our developers to take a look at it.

They will check these phrases you mentioned on Facebook Feed WD translation files and see why these are not being translated.

Thank you, have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Ivan!

I spoke to our developers regarding this issue and it turns out, that the translations of these phrases are not yet included in .po files.

We will add it in one of the next couple of updates, but we can make the changes on your website now, if you are able to give us temporary FTP access. Please send them to [email protected], referring to this forum topic.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I"ve sent again the ftp-access with explanations. However if the development team can not open the ftp, I suppose it is only 1 file, maybe I can put in the ftp.

Thank you for the access, Ivan!

The FTP account worked perfectly with your instructions. Our development team is taking a look. I'll make sure to to notify you as soon as they are done working on the problem.

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you! Now it is translated.
However I wish they change a sentence.
"Bve Szerkesztőség frissítette a csoport (Városvédők fóruma) képét."
Please, take away the bracket. And the word order is better Városvédők fóruma csoport. "Kép" is only a picture, borítókép is cover picture.
The exact translation according to fb is "megváltoztatta a Városvédők fóruma csoport borítóképét."
EDITED: I found more. "megosztotta A Városliget barátai eseményét a csoporttal: Városvédők fóruma." The colon is unnecessary and please, change the word order: "Városvédők fóruma csoporttal"
The same in "megosztotta Városliget fényképét a csoporttal: Városvédők fóruma."
Right: "megosztotta Városliget fényképét a Városvédők fóruma csoporttal."
:pinch:

Hello Ivan!

I am happy to inform you, that the problem on your Facebook Feed WD plugin has been resolved! Kindly note, that these translations were brought up to the plugin from Facebook itself. And that is why they are slightly different from the translations you provided.

Our developers tried to translate the phrases within the .po/.mo files, but looks like they couldn't do that and they had to get them from Facebook. Hope you don't mind to have them this way.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I am happy for this help, but I wonder, how long time it takes. :huh:

Hello Ivan! Looks like you are still not receiving our e-mails, unfortunately.
Here's what I wrote you regarding your last request:

Dear Ivan,

I just discussed this with our developers again. Unfortunately they said, that they pull this information from Facebook, so the translations are done on Facebook, not within the .po/.mo files.

That is why they can't change them as you mentioned. Do you mind having this version of translations? Please let me know.
Thank you!

Could you please review it and let me know what you think?
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I don't really understand, that you could translate whole meanings but you are not able to take away brackets and colons... :huh:

Hi Ivan!

Sorry for not being very clear. Let me try to explain again.

Facebook allows pulling already translated content to Facebook Feed WD. So our developers did this to have Hungarian translations on your website. But it does not allow editing these components.

Our developers have tried to use .po translation files to edit these phrases as you wished to have them. But they found out, that Facebook API does not allow doing this, and they only can translate by pulling the translated data from Hungarian Facebook.

Hope I explained well. Let me know in case you have further questions.
Thank you! Have a wonderful start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

There are more translation problems. I suppose, these are in the plugin.
"See more" = Bővebben
"View on Facebook" = Lásd a Facebookon

Hi Ivan!

I have just notified our development team about this. They will check the problem and correct the translations, if these are from our side.

In case you are in a hurry, please submit a support ticket again to [email protected]. Kindly give us temporary WordPress admin access. We'll try to resolve this issue on your Facebook Feed WD as soon as possible.

Also please make sure to indicate the link to this forum thread in your email.
Thanks in advance! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

It is "See more" and "view on facebook" in English again. It was resolved before, what happened?

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: How to choose fb language?

Hi Ivan,

The most probably you have updated the plugin.

We'll restore it.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Thank a lot, but sorry, your Hungarian is not so perfect yet.... :) Your translation is strange Hungarian.

"See more" is not "többet látni", but "Bővebben".
"See less" is not translated. It is "Kevesebbet"

"See on Facebook" not "Kilátás a Facebook". it sounds crazy. It is "Lásd a Facebookon"

"KG shared V's photo to the group: Városvédők fóruma." = "KG megosztotta V fotóját a Városvédők Fóruma csoportban". The colon is wrong there.

I am sorry for this, but please, edit these words. Thank you for your trouble.

Hey Ivan! Thank you for the notes.

I have notified our development team, hopefully they will be able to change these phrases. I'll let you know as soon as they get back to me with a response.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Ivan!

I am gladly informing you, that the necessary changes have been made on your Facebook Feed WD! Could you please check the translations and confirm this?

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you, Agapi.
My first item is fixed, thanks for that. But still there are two problems. I repeat them:

See on Facebook" absolutely not "Kilátás a Facebook". it sounds crazy, as if I should say in English "Panorama is facebook" or something like this.. The right meaning is "Lásd a Facebookon"

"KG shared V's photo to the group: Városvédők fóruma." = "KG megosztotta V fotóját a Városvédők Fóruma csoportban". The colon is wrong there.

Hi again, Ivan!

I'll ask our developers to fix the translation of "See on Facebook" phrase soon. I'll notify you after they make these changes.

As for the second translation, please note, that this text is coming from Facebook already translated. So the translation to Hungarian here cannot be controlled by Facebook Feed WD plugin.

Thank you! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds