Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Way to Americanize the date fields?

Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2174

• Jeff Howard
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello,

How, and where can I swap the order of the Date input fields from the European variant of - day, month, year ... to how we do it in the States of - month, day, year ?

Thank you, really do like Form Maker, and after having to play around to figure it out, is all working well... aside from the annoying, backwards (to us Yanks) Date format :-)

All the best,
JPH
Last Edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Jeff Howard. Reason: Updating
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2189

• Support
  • Thank you received: 633
Dear Jeff,

If you are using the Date Picker, then you can change the Date Format form %Y-%m-%d to %m-%Y-%d, but if you are using the date with 3 separate fields, unfortunately there is no way to change it yet.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
Clear the cache before asking questions. :)

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2196

• Jeff Howard
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, thank you for your reply.

Yes, I know what I would need to do with the code, but just could not find that code in order to change it. Sorry, I was a little misleading there in my question, just need where that particular code file and section to change it.

I believe I looked in the 'form_maker_functions.html.php', 'Form_Maker.php', 'front_end_form_maker.php', but couldn't spot the particular section that included and listed the code to just simply swap those date formats around.

Never mind... I see what you mean, I found it by trying to do a new 'Time and Date' field, right there in the Admin area itself... but only changeable in the 'Date (single field with a picker)' option. No way to go into any of the .php code somewhere to simply do the same thing within, to adjust the 'Date (3 separate fields)' so that it will present it Month - Date - Year?

Thank you,
Jeff

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2197

• Support
Dear Jeff,

You don't have to edit the code. You can change that in the Date fields options.

ProductsDemoAdministration.png
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: EurortJet

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2198

• Jeff Howard
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Yes, I know, that's what I said in the last paragraph of my last reply, that I discovered... but, ONLY in the 'Date (single field with picker)', and not able to change the order in the preferred option that I want to use, the 'Date (3 separate fields)'.

I know you originally said there is no way to change it in that area yet, but there has got to be a way, somewhere in the code has to be a spot that simply designates the order in which they are presented and displayed, that is all I want to do, is simply change the order so that the month displays before the day, and then the year... there has to be a section in the code that runs everything, where that can be easily done so it does so, just where would that be?

After just looking at the 'Date (single field with picker)' option, it is neat and do like it, and it's functionality, and would just simply use that - if the pop-up calendar wasn't so butt ugly... it's for aesthetics that I would rather not use it, other than it being a really neat method to use.

Thanks for your time and help,
Jeff

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2199

• Support
Dear Jeff,

No, currently there is no easy way to change it.
Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions,
Wordpress plugins,
Drupal modules

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 5 months ago #2200

• Jeff Howard
  • Fresh Boarder
All right. I'll figure out something else to do.

I know this may seem like a small, silly detail, but over here in the States where it is not the standard to have dates presented in such a fashion, and doing so on my website to potential clients of mine, one just wants to put their best face forward, and sometimes little things, even a silly little thing of having the month and date transposed, can be something that sticks... I'll figure something out.

Thank you for your time,
Jeff

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 3 months ago #3554

• leew
  • Fresh Boarder
what i did solve that problem is to choose "input" instead of "select" and then you won't have the drop down option. and you can change the heading of the field. so folks have to enter the numbers in, but it'll be in the american order.

i agree, this is a big deal for us folks. seriously confusing for form filler-outers when the date and month are reversed.

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 3 months ago #3555

• leew
  • Fresh Boarder
oops. spoke too soon. even though you can enter values, there's a limitation on the month field. so when you change it around to the date, it won't let you go over 12. bummer.

and for the moderators, the single field date picker just doesn't work form something like date of birth.

arghhh.

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 1 month ago #4235

Just came across this problem myself. Just wondering if anyone has come up with a solution yet?
Thanks!

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 1 month ago #4236

• Jeff Howard
  • Fresh Boarder
Not that I am aware of, Greta... I wish, as it is just not the standard way that we are accustomed to, and so therefore may lead to confusion to those using it... which again, in the grand scheme of things isn't that big of a deal, but at the same time - is... because it makes us, and our sites, look amateurish, and like we don't know what we are doing. And like we're making our clients, or those using the form on our sites - think... which we know, we don't want them to have to do more than they feel they only have to do! It's the little things like these, that may be insignificant, but that also can make or break things sometimes too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greta Olivas

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 1 month ago #4237

• Dustin
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been playing around with this a little today. I was able to change the order for the layout to be month, then day, then year for the form relatively easy, but it is still showing day, month, year in the emailed submission form. I am going to keep looking and see if I can't find the place to change that order.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greta Olivas

Re: Way to Americanize the date fields? 11 years 1 month ago #4239

• Dustin
  • Fresh Boarder
I give up on finding the way to change it on the back end, which is the part that I care about most. :unsure:
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds