Frequently Asked Questions
- Where and how can I download the plugin?
The free version of our plugin is available both on our website and on Wordpress plugin directory.
To download a Pro version of a plugin, please register to web-dorado.com and download the product you puchased.
- What are the minimum host/server requirements for a plugin/theme installation?
Minimum PHP version required for PHP 5.x
WordPress server requirements - Wordpress 3.4+ *
MySQL version 5.0 or greater
• Only Event Calendar WD requires 3.9
- How do I Install a plugin/extension?
In order to install a plugin to your WordPress dashboard, you need to go to
A. WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New
B. Click Upload Plugin button at the top of the page
C. Click Choose File and select the .zip file you want to install
D. Click Install Now
E. Activate the plugin after upload
In order to install an extension to your Joomla site, you need to
A. Log-in to the back-end of your Joomla site
B. At the top menu of your site select Extensions and then click Extension Manager
C. Under Upload Package File, click browse and select the .zip file extension, then click Upload & Install
D. You shall see a confirmation message after installation
E. When using a plugin > select Extensions > Plugin Manager and enable it.
- How to upgrade from Free to Pro version? Will I lose my data?
To upgrade from Free to Pro version, please deactivate and delete an old version of a plugin and install the downloaded from Web-Dorado.com file. No data will be lost.
Install the zip file with Pro features over your extension. No data will be lost.
IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT UNINSTALL plugins during an upgrade, in order to keep data
- How will I know about the updates of Pro products? Both Free and Pro versions of our products feature updates notifier within the plugin. This means that users shall see on the dashboard/toolbar of their WordPress and Joomla site a notification with a message to update their product to the latest version. Otherwise, plugin/extension shall show the message that the product is up to date.
- Can I customize the plugin/theme/extension?
The GPL explicitly allows users to edit or modify open-source software. It's a common practice among developers to customize and extend existing plugins/extensions or themes to meet their requirements. You may make the necessary changes directly in your plugin/extension or theme files.
However, you may want to read GPL license, especially when you are about to modify source code or credit links.
In addition you may drop us a line describing customizations you want to have for Web-Dorado products. Our developers shall view the request and inform if mentioned customization may be added to new versions of a product.
- What browsers are supported?
All our products are cross browser compatible.
The products are constantly being tested on desktop and mobile devices via all the major browsers available. This includes Chrome, IE 9+, Firefox, Safari, Opera and more.
The browsers and operating systems are changing every day, and we do our utmost in order to improve our products, make sure they look perfect on every modern browser and OS.
- How do you provide support?
The easiest way to find a solution to one's issue is to use "Support" menu on Web-Dorado.com.
On this page we suggest multiple methods to solve your issues. First of all users may read brief answers to closed-ended questions in FAQ, alternatively search an answer or/and select CMS and the product and find solution in the list. Check “Documentation” with video tutorials or find a solution in “Solutions” page. And the fourth method is to submit your question in “Forum”.
If you have discovered a bug or faced with some errors and need to contact directly to one of our specialists, please drop an email using Contact Us form
Prefer to watch videos instead of reading? View video tutorials on our YouTube Channel
- Are your plugins/extensions translation ready?
A. In order to translate extension you need to edit your [lang code].com_<product name>.ini file, found in the language folder of your Joomla site. Only English version of this file (en-GB.com_<product name>.ini) is included in the zip file when downloaded.
B. When your site language is not English, you can translate [product name] by creating a file [lang code].com_<product name>.ini in language folder of your Joomla site. This file must be the translation of English version of en-GB.com_<product name>.ini file, which is included in the downloaded zip file containing our one of products.
C. If you are running multi-language website, you'd want to create a [lang code].com_<product name>.ini for every language and place it in the language folder.
Find the language code table here.
In order to translate your plugin you'd need to define the language of your site in Settings > General> Site Language. This way the plugin should be translated automatically.
Otherwise, you may manually modify auto-translated plugin from wp-content/plugins/<product name>/languages/ In this case you'd need POEdit.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to translate plugins for WordPress multi-language site(s).
If you have found mistakes in translations , please write us and we will make necessary changes within the next few days.
- Are your plugins/extensions responsive? Most of our products are 100% responsive. Some of them are in development process and will become responsive in upcoming updates.
- I can’t login to my account. Having issues when trying to login? Try to reset your password, automatic reply can go into your Junk/Spam folder. Alternatively, drop us an email using this Contact Us form and we will be right back to you.
- I can’t find my product within my account. Log-in to web-dorado.com. You should find the list of your products on the top right side of the homepage at Web-Dorado.com. If the list is empty or you can't find the product you purchased lately, please inform us using this Contact Us form
- Which payment gateways do you accept?
The main payment gateway is to purchase a product on Web-Dorado using your credit card supported by Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover.
Alternatively users may purchase a product using PayPal.
Please note that Web-Dorado does NOT store credit/debit card numbers, any additional information connected with card holder, nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
For privacy-minded customers Web-Dorado guarantees 100% safety of any transaction. We use HTTPS protocol as well as Norton Secured Seal, which is the most trusted web security protocol on the Internet.
IMPORTANT: PayPal may require some additional information, depending on your geographical location.
- My transaction failed and/or credit card was rejected.
In this case we shall suggest to contact us using this form.
Alternatively you can try to contact your card issuer or pay using PayPal.
- Can I upgrade within the licensing options paying difference? During the first weeks of purchase, customers can easily upgrade their license by paying difference. In this case drop us a line using this Contact Us form and ask to change the license.
- How to renew my expired license? Customers are reminded via email when their license is about to expire. If your license has expired a long time ago, please log in to web-dorado.com and use your dashboard to get the renewal of license. You can get some discounts on renewals periodically.
- How to cancel my subscription/recurring payment of Photo Gallery?
Web-Dorado helps you to manage purchased products with recurring payments. This means that subscriptions renew after 6 months/1 year’ time period, depending on your subscription plan. You can cancel your subscription anytime using PayPal settings or by dropping us a line.
After canceling recurring payment users still shall have all the features of Pro license, but with no chance to download the latest updates after the subscription plan expires.
- How long will I receive updates? Users have a chance to keep their products up to date until subscription plan expires. After that they will have no chance to download the latest version of our products. Although use lastly downloaded version of the plugin forever. Alternatively users can always renew their license.
- Should I register on web-dorado.com before purchasing the product? Registration is required criteria for those who want to purchase one of our products or/and use coupons and discounts.
- Is this one-time payment? Yes, you pay once and you can use the plugin in a lifetime, but plugin updates are available only for the period of time written in the license option you choose: therefore Personal – 6 months, Business/ Developer – 1 year. For some products, we have selected recurring payment, which can be stopped if needed.
- Can I get refund if I don’t like the plugin?
Web-Dorado as well as other commercial plugin development companies do not offer refunds for our products. This is due to the fact that all products are intangible. You may read about this in our Terms Of Service Agreement page.
But we keep in mind the degree of flexibility and would love to keep happy relationship with our customers, this is why we may discuss each aspect case-by-case.
We also refund when our developers are not able to solve bugs or other issues during 24 hours.