Float Zoom Widget

Orlando Mergal created the topic: Float Zoom Widget

Hi:

I just purchased your plugin and installed on one of my sales pages ( www.consiguetrabajorapido.com/ ). It works great.

However, there's one thing that I would like to do and I haven't been able to figure it out. I would like to float the buttons on the right margin of my page in such a way that they would stay in the same place as the customer scrolls up or down.

I have a plugin installed on my sales page called WP Float that works great with HTML but it doesn't seem to work with shortcodes. Is there any way to convert the Zoom shortcode to regular HTML?

If not, do you have any other idea to achieve what I want?

Other than this I absolutely love your plugin!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Re: Float Zoom Widget

Dear Orlando,

Please give id="zoom" to the div that contains zoom widget (that one with align="center") and add this css class to your site's style.css

#zoom {
   right: 20px;
   position: fixed;
   top: 47px;
}

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Orlando Mergal replied the topic: Re: Float Zoom Widget

Good morning:

I did what you suggested and it didn't work. "One", it doesn't float. And "two", it messes with my layout.

I'm using a theme called "OptimizePress that provides for adding customized CSS right in the control panel.

See attachments.

Please advise,

Orlando

Dear Orlando,

it should be <div id="zoom">...

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Still no joy.

See attachment.

Dear Orlando,

Remove the and [/code ] from your css. If still no luck, give us admin access to your site via email and we'll do that for you.[code ] and [/code ] from your css. If still no luck, give us admin access to your site via email and we'll do that for you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Dear Orlando,

Also you can add an inline css to your dive like this:

<div style="right: 20px; position: fixed; top: 47px;">[Web-Dorado_Zoom]</div>
In this case you do not need to add a css to your theme.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Your last suggestion did half the trick. Now the buttons appear outside like I wanted them, but they don't float. They stay at the top.

Any ideas?

Dear Orlando,

I have checked the site and it does what it was supposed to do. You said you want the buttons to be visible all the time the user scrolls down the page, right? Could you please describe in details what you want exactly?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Take a look at my blog: accuratecommunications.com/picadillo/ . You see the green button on the far left that says: "donativos"? It stays in the same place regardless of where you are on the page. That's what I want to achieve.

However, in the case of your buttons I believe the best thing would be to estimate the distance from the center of the page and not from the edges. Why? Because the buttons would move left or right if the person were to resize the page.

If I estimate the distance from the center they would stay rock solid.

If it isn't too much trouble please let me know how I would do it either way. That way I'll be able to use it whichever way I need on future pages.

Thank You.

Dear Orlando,

I guess you are thinking in a wrong way. The button on your blog is places using javascript, that why it has an animation. The zoom widget on your site is aligned using css. Those are completely different ways of doing the same thing. In case of the css I gave you (which is the easiest way to accomplish what you want) you won't have animation. But in both cases the result is the same. The buttons are always visible regardless where on the page you are. If you want to change the distance from the top or from the right, you can alter the values of the top and right accordingly. However if you scroll the page and buttons are not staying on their place then probably you'll have to clear your browser cache by pressing Ctrl+F5 on your keyboard (do that for 3 times at least to make sure the cache is cleared).

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

I don't think we're communicating. I would like to get your buttons to behave like the green button on my blog.

In any case, I'll just put them back the way they were.

Richie Andler replied the topic: Re: Float Zoom Widget

Hi Orlando,
Let me know if this is what you're looking for. www.villagesnw.org If it is, let me know and I'll let you know what I did. Good luck. Richie. [email protected]

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds