New install not working

Chris Jones-Gill created the topic: New install not working

Hi,

Just installed the Zoom module and set it up in a test area of my clients site but the buttons don't do anything.

Can you please have a look and tell me what to do to fix it - I am assuming it is something I have done (or not done) that is causing the problem :-)

Attached is a screenshot of the admin panel,
The website is www.bigupwords.co.uk/test

Chris.

If there is no attachemnt it is because the image (at 8.66K) was deemed too big. This is my last try, after the 10.6k version of the image was rejected. If I go any lower the image becomes unreadable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: New install not working

Dear Chris,
We looked at the source HTML of your site and found the following: you have set the "id" to "content" in parameters of Zoom module.

We found only one tag with id="content", which is an empty div tag.

So there is no text to Joomla Zoom .

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Chris Jones-Gill replied the topic: Re: New install not working

Thanks for the quick reply,

I changed it so that the class and id in the admin panel are blank - does that mean no zoom will be applied to any elements, or zoom will be applied to all elements (tags) selected?

Going through with firebug shows all_elems.length=0 when the class and id are blank, it also =0 when I put moduletable (for example) in the class selector - which is a div containing an h3 tag.

But it still does not zoom.

I have left the class selector moduletable in place, could you have another look and see what else I am doing wrong.

Cheers,

Chris.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: New install not working

Dear Chris,
Please give us a temporary admin user account to your site (send it to email [email protected]), and we will try to find out the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Email sent.

Thanks for the support.

== For other users ==
The problem was another extention overwriting the window.onload function for Zoom. Short-trm disabling the other extention fixed the problem.
Long-term I have some hacking to do on the other extention so that it plays nice with others.

Chris.

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds