Slow response while building website

Alice Leggett created the topic: Slow response while building website

I downloaded the Portfolio Gallery theme. I'm more of a graphic designer than a coder, so I learn as I go along. I'm having trouble with 30 second delays in Wordpress Admin, so I looked on the forum here, and found that an incompatibility with Java and Google browser could be an issue. So I downloaded the latest Java. No change. Tried Safari. Better for about 10 minutes, then slow again. Downloaded Firefox. Couldn't start it because the profile was missing. Jetpack Monitor detected that the new website I'm working on had gone offline overnight several times for up to 45 minutes at a time. My other websites are working fine. I hope you can sort this out, because I really like your theme!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Slow response while building website

Dear Alice,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue!

Could you please open a support ticket for this case by sending an e-mail to [email protected]? Kindly give us temporary admin access to your website, so our developers can work on the problem.

Also, don't forget to mention the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thank you!

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Support replied the topic: Slow response while building website

Dear Alice,

we tested your website with portfolio-gallery theme and all the plugins turned off.
For comparison, we did a similar test with Twentyfifteen theme, and the same two themes on our test server.
Average durations of server response when loading of admin home pages are:

your server
PG theme: 11.31 +- 5.26 second
2015 theme: 7.10 +- 3.20 second

our test server
PG theme: 0.34 +- 0.01 second
2015 theme: 0.31 +- 0.01 second

These intervals are periods the server spends running the code before response. This does not include the period, when request goes to server and the period, when content is being downloaded. So these intervals show how fast the server is.

The main result is that your server is very slow, regardless of the theme and plugins installed. Indeed, 2015 theme is somewhat faster than Portfolio Gallery theme, but the root of the problem is that your server runs slowly. Our test server is really fast, so it would not be correct to compare the speeds. However if your server runs in 1-2 seconds instead of 10 seconds, the results will be normal. Also please note that the average server response time varies greatly (+-5.26 s). This, again, is a result of slow server speed. When there are several requests, for example, several visitors open webpages simultaneously, this can cause server to run very slowly (up to 20 seconds) or it can be down.

Kindly ask your hosting provider the speed of your server, and how much memory is dedicated to WordPress. To solve this problem, you can ask them for higher speed and/or memory. Sometimes the slow response of the server can be caused by the slow response of the database. Ask your provider whether this is the issue.

Thank you!

P.S. I will also share this information under your forum topic.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds