Images

Eliesar Lydersen created the topic: Images

Hi,
I am using Business Elite.

How do I "control" the pictures i upload for the slider and featured posts.
The slider stretches the picture and the featured post picture is showing the picture very "close up", which is not a problem as such, only thing is if you have a picture in very good quality and can only see a little bit of it, there is no need to upload the whole thint etc.
It is a very cool feature, and looks good with a high quality picture.....

Do you have any guidelines/explanation to the insert of pictures, i.e. size, format etc. how "big" can the pictures be, I suppose 1mb is to big and will slow the site down. :cheer: :cheer:

Very best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Images

Dear Eliesar,

Please set the slider images from Theme Options > Slider tab. If you scroll down a little bit, you will see the images and the Update image/Remove image buttons. Click on update image an upload your image. Afterwards please click th Save Changes button from the bottom of the page.

As for the featured post image, please go to Theme Options > Homepage tab and search for Featured Post section. There is also a field to browse an image from Media Library or your computer.

The stretching sounds as a problem on your website. Could you please give us its link, so we can see what you mean?

1MB size of a picture can slow down your website, the best size to use is 500KB or less. You can lower the resolution of the image a little bit, to have it with large dimensions, but small in size.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Eliesar Lydersen replied the topic: Images

Thanks for the answer, the basic settings are no problem, just the stretching.
The site in "under construction" so I am not sure how to give you a link to the page.
But are you just taking any picture, say 500x250 pixels and it figures out automatically how to post it ?

Best regards
Eliesar :cheer:

Support replied the topic: Images

Dear Eliesar,

Please note, that 500px width is too small. You can use an image with the width of 1200-1600px for the best result.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds