"Random" image sorting question

Jesper Wille created the topic: "Random" image sorting question

Hi there -

I was under the impression that setting a feed to "Random" sorting would fetch 8 (in my case) random images from the Instagram account in question - but it looks like it fetches the 8 most recent images, then only randomizes the order of them?

Unless you choose to load a lot of pictures, isn't that a bit reduntant?

Anyway, if I would like to pull images from the whole Instagram account, and not just the most recently posted, is that possible with IFWD?
For reference, I'm talking about this website: karstenk.com

Thank you very much in advance!!
:)
Jesper W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: "Random" image sorting question

Hello Jesper!

Thank you for posting about this. The randomized display of Instagram Feed WD works the following way. Each time the plugin sends a request to Instagram, it responds with 20 images.

Then the plugin randomizes the first 8 images (which corresponds to the value of Number of Images Per Page option), and displays on your feed. Therefore, you can try setting a larger image for this option, and have a larger number of images randomized on the first page.

Would this work for you?
Cheers! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds