Advanced filtering

jonathan created the topic: Advanced filtering

Hi there. I have a feed and filter from 8 instagram accounts using one particular hashtag. I would like to manually exempt some photos that don't pertain to the hashtag is it possible to add another filter?

The problem when I try to add on the NOR filter is it changes the original filter to neither... how can i do individual exceptions?

Thanks!

Jonathan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sona N. replied the topic: Advanced filtering

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for contacting us. Unfortunately we have only identical condition base. But if you tell us more details on what tags you use and how you want to remove the images with exclusion , we might be able to help you out. Thanks.

jonathan replied the topic: Advanced filtering

Dear Sona,
Thanks for your reply and help. I have a quick fix in place but i had to make a small adjustment to the code of the plugin :(

On line 1386 of wdi_frontend.js i added a data attribute with the url of the instagram post:

var source = '<div class="wdi_feed_item ' + customClass + '"  wdi_index=<%= wdi_index%>  wdi_res_index=<%= wdi_res_index%> ' + pagination + ' wdi_type="image" id="wdi_' + wdi_feed_counter + '_<%=id%>" data-link="<%= link%>">' +

Then with ACF I created a repeater URL field for the page that shows the instagram feed that adds a
div[data-link='the_instagram.url'] { display:none; }

It's as easy as pasting the individual posts you don't want appearing in the stream, into the repeater field...

If you have a better idea, I would love to try it, to me have only additive or subtractive rules is limiting. I think it would be great if in the plugin feed view you can view the feed, and select individual posts you do or don;t want to display

Thanks again,
Jonathan

Sona N. replied the topic: Advanced filtering

Dear Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Please note that you can actually have this as a suggestion for Submit your Idea section. Our developers will implement it within an upcoming update if that gets enough votes.

jonathan replied the topic: Advanced filtering

Sona, this is just a quick fix I'm not suggesting you implement it. I will find a better solution but I needed something now. I will post the solution when I implement it for now, I'm to busy to post anymore on this but thanks

Take care
JD

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds