Ajax loaded content

Flavio created the topic: Ajax loaded content

Hello,

I just bought a theme that can work with "ajax loaded content" but if I activate this option WD Instagram feed don't load anymore.

I would really appreciate to use this option with WD Instagram feed. How can I make it work ?

Thank you !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Ajax loaded content

Hello Flavio!

Thank you for letting us know about this problem!

Could you please give us temporary WordPress administrator access and let our development team to take a look? You can send the login information using the contact form on this page .

Also make sure to mention the URL of this forum topic in your message. We will check the problem as soon as possible and figure out a solution.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Agapi G. replied the topic: Ajax loaded content

Hello Flavio!

I just got a response from our developers. Unfortunately the shortcode of Instagram Feed WD plugin does not run within AJAX loaded content. Furthermore, other shortcodes initializing their Javascript with jQuery(document).ready() will not work properly.

They have checked how the AJAX-loading works in the theme. They found, that it will not give you much performance boost, because AJAX request of e.g. gallery page returns all of the HTML, not only post content, but also <head> and other tags. So you save only the left part (menu), which is about 10-20 KB.

The most important benefit of using AJAX is initial loading of page, which becomes two step, first left part, and the second - right part. But taking into account small size of pages content, it is not much beneficial.

Besides, we noticed you use WP Super Cache plugin. Most of the increase in page loading speed is due to this cache plugin, and not ajax loading. Therefore, don't worry about AJAX, feel free not to use it. This will keep you away from facing other problems as well.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds