Compression in Pro Version?

Marc Sicignano created the topic: Compression in Pro Version?

I'm currently using the free version which looks great on my site but Google PageSpeed Insights is not very happy with the resulting images. If I do upgrade to the professional version are there any options for compressing/optimizing images to help with load time?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Compression in Pro Version?

Hello Marc! Thanks for keeping us posted about this!

That is actually a little strange, because these images are loaded from Instagram with AJAX. Could you please give us the link to the page, where you have your Instagram feed published? We'll check if these errors from Google PageSpeed Insights are coming from Instagram.

Thank you! Have a great start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Marc Sicignano replied the topic: Compression in Pro Version?

Sure, site link is bluedolphinkauai.com/

Agapi G. replied the topic: Compression in Pro Version?

Thank you for the link, Marc!

Our developers have done some research and looks like this problem is present, indeed. It is not on Instagram Feed WD plugin, though, but it's related to Instagram images instead.

Google mentions, that Instagram could compress the images more than it does now. Instagram feed servers provide the images with only a little compression, and unfortunately the plugin cannot do additional compression, when the images are received.

Please don't worry about this issue much, because all the Instagram images are loaded with AJAX. This means, that they are not loaded initially with the page load, so it will not affect on page speed.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds