Random not only from first pictures?

Tomasz Kacała created the topic: Random not only from first pictures?

Hi Guys,

I just bought Instagram Feed and I have one question. Feed is small, only 14 pictures now, 8 to show from start in random order.
Every time feed is showing the same 8 pictures but in defferent order. Is there a chance to show 8 start pictures from whole feed, not the same pictures every time?

Cheers,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Random not only from first pictures?

Hello Tomasz! Thanks for writing your request!

As you have noticed, the first 8 images are taken and randomized in Instagram Feed WD feeds by default. But luckily this can be adjusted by increasing the number of images displayed on one page (or on the first load).

You can set Number of Photos to Display to a larger number (14, in this case) and they will all be randomized.

Thank you!
Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Tomasz Kacała replied the topic: Random not only from first pictures?

Hi, thanks for reply but this is not the case.

I want to have only 8 pictures show on page load, but I want them to randomly draw from all feed pictures. I don't want to see the same 8 pictures every time. Can I do that?

Hi Tomasz!

Unfortunately that functionality is not available in Instagram Feed WD. Here's the reason why we cannot develop it yet. Instagram API does not have endpoint, which can be used to get the images already randomized.

Instagram Feed WD plugin pulld the last N images (as defined in the mentioned option) and then it can randomize or sort the pictures. And then the next N images are pulled with Load more, or pagination.

Hopefully the absence of this feature does not bother you much.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomasz Kacała

Tomasz Kacała replied the topic: Random not only from first pictures?

Thank you for answer!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Agapi G.

You are most welcome, Tomasz!

Please feel free to let our team know any time you have other questions or support requests. We'll gladly help you out with them!

Thanks, have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds