Another widget styling question

Valerie Kittell created the topic: Another widget styling question

Following the guidance on this thread , I've been trying to change the look of my Upcoming Events widget.

I've been copying and pasting some of the code given in the thread previously mentioned, but substituting ecwd-widget-21334 for ecwd-widget-2. For example, I didn't want anything in the upcoming events to be italicized, so in the Additional CSS part of my customization, I wrote:

ecwd-widget-2 span.metainfo {
font-style: normal !important;
}

but nothing changed. I know enough CSS to get by. I wonder if I have mis-identiied the widget ID number? Or maybe I'm missing something else entirely. I've attached a screenshot of the page where the "inspect element" is visible, as well as the sidebar in question (event calendar on top and the styling I want in the next widget below; from URL postalhistoryfoundation.org/slusser-library/ ).

Incidentally, the additional CSS for the website's sidebar area's look is:

#secondary h3.widget-title {
font-size: 16px;
text-transform: uppercase;
font-weight: bold;
line-height: 32px;
padding-bottom: 15px;
color: #444444;
}

#secondary .widget,
.error-404 .widget {
margin-bottom: 35px;
font-size: 14px;
text-transform: uppercase;
font-weight: bold;
}

Thanks for any help you can give.

Valerie

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Another widget styling question

Hello Valerie!

Thank you for posting about this!

Firstly please note, that if you would like to apply the style to this widget only, you need to use its ID. The ID in this case is ecwd_events_widget-2 as seen in the screenshot. Therefore you will need to use the following syntax:

#ecwd_events_widget-2 .ecwd_upcomming_events * {
}

Please add the CSS code to Calendar Settings > Custom CSS tab.

But, in case you want to change the font-size from all Upcoming Events widgets entirely, note, that you will need to use this code instead:
.ecwd_upcomming_events * {
}

Make sure to clear the cache of your web browser before checking the changes. Let us know if this works.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Valerie Kittell replied the topic: Another widget styling question

Thanks so much! One of my problems was putting the CSS in the wrong "Additional CSS" area. This worked.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Another widget styling question

Hey Valerie!

That's wonderful! We are happy to know the CSS code helped you with the styling. Please let me know in case there's anything else we can assist you with.

If you have a few minutes, please share your rating for Event Calendar WD on WordPress.org. Your feedback will help us improve the quality and features of the plugin, as well as our customer support service.

Let me provide you the link: wordpress.org/support/plugin/event-calendar-wd/reviews/
Thank you so much! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds