Problems with Frontend Management and Calendar View

Beth Mitchell created the topic: Problems with Frontend Management and Calendar View

Here are a couple issues I am having. I hope you can help with this. I have purchased all of your add-on's and purchased the pro version of the calendar. I like your calendar though if these issues can't be fixed, I am considering leaving Web Dorado calendar all together and finding something that works. I have spent so much time on these issues. I have been working with another support person and she can not seem to figure out how to help with these issues.

Front End Management Issues
1. Front end management when an event is added on the front end, the google map will not search for the location or is inconsistent when "none" venue is indicated or "add a new venue" is indicated. Tested on different computers/smartphones and different browsers, google, safari. See Screenshots. "none" venue, "add venue" google maps.

2. Front end management "add an image" does not show up on Front End Management. See screenshot Front End Management Administrator view, box is checked that "anyone can add images". See screenshot Front End Management Add Event view, there is no where to add an image.

3. Front end management an email is not being sent to me to alert when event is submitted. See screenshot Front End Management Administrator view. I have selected that an email be sent to me and have indicated the email address. I have checked the inbox and spam/junk folder of this email address and I am not getting any mail that an event was submitted via Front End Management Add Event.

4. Add Add event Freeze issue. The Add event box will not close. If someone decides not to an an event, they can not click on the "X" and close the window. They have to go out of the website and reload the website. See screenshot "Add event will not close".

Calendar View issues
Event location/map on the "week view" and "day view" shows the same location and map for each event on the page. I have heard that this is a known bug and will be fixed on the next update. Please tell me what I can do NOW. People depend on the calendar to get them to the correct location and If I can not provide this then I loose their trust. Please advise and see screenshots "week view" and "day view".

Thanks so much for your time. I hope you can help so that I may spend more time on adding new events and having users add events to my calendar. Please see my website www.MiDogGuide.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Problems with Frontend Management and Calendar View

Hello Beth!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience. I checked our customer support platform and looks like my colleague Zhanna is handling the problem now. I have forwarded the list of the problems to her, we will discuss the issues together and ask the development team to check.

I'll keep you posted with the progress we make.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Beth Mitchell replied the topic: Problems with Frontend Management and Calendar View

Dear Agapi G,

I am happy to report that all my issues have been resolved. I had wonderful help this week from Zhanna K.

I would like to share a couple of things I have learned for others to know.

When getting a google maps API key, follow the link to the API in the plug in. The problem I was having was because I tried to create a API key on my own and it did not have all the google map API features I needed. I was only getting a API key for one feature. When you follow the link here are the features you need, Google Maps JavaScript API, Google Maps Geocoding API, Google Maps Directions API, Google Maps Distance Matrix API, Google Maps Elevation API, Google Places API Web Service in Google API Console So just follow the link in the plug in!

Hope this helps someone else. Thanks again! I am so happy to have the calendar working and hope to use it on my website for a very long time.

Beth

Agapi G. replied the topic: Problems with Frontend Management and Calendar View

Hi Beth!

Thank you so much for your kind words, and for sharing the solution! We are happy that the issues are all sorted out on your website. Please don't hesitate to drop us a line any time you will need assistance.

We'll be happy to help!
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds