Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

James Potts created the topic: Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

I'm considering changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD in order to utilize the Upcoming Events widget.

Should I deactivate and remove the Spider Calendar before installing and activating the Event Calendar WD?
Will my current Spider Calendar event data carry over to be used by Event Calendar WD?
I'd rather not re-enter everything.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

James Potts replied the topic: Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

I know that both have an widget option for Upcoming Events, but I prefer the way Event Calendar WD displays the list.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

Hello James!

Thank you for posting your question!

Please note, that Spider Calendar and Event Calendar WD are separate plugins. Therefore, they will not interfere with each other if you have them both activated. Also, you can export created events in Spider Calendar from Spider Calendar > Export page.

You will need Export/Import add-on of Event Calendar WD to import these events. Please note, that it is only available for Pro version of the plugin. Let me give you the link to its overview page: goo.gl/L8emxD

If you already have the Pro version of Spider Calendar or Event Calendar WD, I can provide you a 30% discount code for one purchase. Please let me know in case you wish to have the discount.

Thanks! Have a wonderful start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Potts

James Potts replied the topic: Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

Thanks for the advice. I did not notice the Export function before. I did the export and have the file. Ready to do the change. Appreciate the discount offer for the new plugin. Please send the discount code to my email address in my profile.
JP

Agapi G. replied the topic: Changing from Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD

Hey James!

Fantastic! Could you please open a support ticket using this contact form? It is required for me to be able to create the discount code. Make sure to mention the URL of this forum topic in your message.

Also, please use your email address when filling out the form, since I will send the code by replying to your ticket.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds