Permalinks / duplicated events

Nick created the topic: Permalinks / duplicated events

I am creating a calendar where there are only six types of event but many of them. I am using the 'duplicate even' function to populate teh calendar, but it is resulting in very clumsy permalinks, eg

www.webcraft.uk/craignishcruises/event/3...3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/

Which of the standard Wordpress permalink structure options should I use to improve this? Or is there a better way to improve it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Permalinks / duplicated events

Hello Nick!

We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience, this definitely should not happen in Event Calendar WD. Could we please take a look at the problem as a temporary WordPress administrator of your site? Please send the login information using this contact form .

Also make sure to include the link to this forum thread in your email. Our development team will take a look at the problem as soon as possible and figure out a solution.

Thanks! Enjoy the weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Nick replied the topic: Permalinks / duplicated events

I think I know why this has happened.

Instead of taking one event and duplicating it many times I have been taking an event, duplicating it then duplicating the duplicate and so on for many iterations.

It;'s taken me days to add all the events, so I think I am going to have to live with it now - unless there is some way I can quickly edit all the permalinks, but I think I would have had to do it at the time or will have to do each one individually now.

As most views of events will be in pop-ups I guess this is not going to be too big an issue.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Permalinks / duplicated events

Hi Nick!

Our development team has checked the problem on your Event Calendar WD. Unfortunately we cannot control the permalinks, WordPress does that instead. As a workaround, you can edit the permalinks of the events after you duplicate them.

Would this work for you?
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds