Facebook plugin displays events without links?

Benjamin Schaub created the topic: Facebook plugin displays events without links?

Hi!

Am I correct in that the Facebook integration plugin does not produce links in the displayed events? That is peculiar...
It would be very handy if the plugin would at least link to the respective FB event page for people to RSVP and the like!
Better still would be working links for location and other items...

Thanks for your consideration!
Cheers,
Benji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Facebook plugin displays events without links?

Hello Benji! Thank you for posting your request!

That's correct, unfortunately Facebook links are not included automatically with the add-on. However, please note, that you can copy the event link from Facebook and place it in the event description. Is this workaround a suitable solution for you?

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Benjamin Schaub replied the topic: Facebook plugin displays events without links?

Hi Agapi,
thanks for your reply!
Well, I purchased the FB event plugin to establish the following workflow:
Use the built-in event creator for recurring events (partly because FB doesn't have those...) that are scheduled as standard and somewhat generic informational items, and then use FB itself for special one-off events that would require people to sign-up, share, RSVP and all.
In essence, the way it is now I'd have to create a FB event and put the link towards itself into its own description. That's a little too recursive for my tastes... :-)
But seriously, if I have to create ALL events in the WD Event Manager (which works fine of course!) and link to FB myself, what exactly is the point of having the FB plugin?
Not complaining here, it's likely something I do not understand completely yet...

Cheers,
Benji

Hey Benji!

I think I didn't explain myself very clear in my previous reply. It is not necessary to recreate each Facebook event to achieve this.

You can import the events, rather than displaying them with Settings > FB Settings. Click on Calendars > Import FB Events from WordPress left menu. Fill in App ID, App Secret, set up the rest of the options and hit Import.

Your Facebook events will be saved under Calendars > Events page. You can edit them and add links to their Facebook event pages in descriptions. Let me know if you'll have further questions regarding this.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Benjamin Schaub replied the topic: Facebook plugin displays events without links?

Hi Agapi!
Thanks again for your detailed answer!
I understand now, I've just never used the manual importing method before, since I looked forward to having to follow fewer steps...
However, please consider making the "display" option more powerful in future updates!

Thanks,
Benji

Hello Benjamin!

That's wonderful, we are glad importing method worked for you. As for your suggestions, could you please add them to our Submit your idea page? Our development team will consider working on them for further updates of Facebook Integration add-on.

Here's the link: web-dorado.com/support/submit-your-idea.html
Please post your idea under Event Calendar WD category.

Thanks! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,
sorry to disturb you one more time, but I already had posted in the ideas department, but my entry is marked as "unpublished", how can I change that?

Sincerely,
Benji

Hello Benji!

I have just published your suggestion, you should be able to see it under New Ideas of Event Calendar WD category. Could you please take a look and confirm this?

Thanks again for the idea!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds