Problems with Front end In Calendar WD

Maria Rosa Schroeder created the topic: Problems with Front end In Calendar WD

Hi,
I just purchased the personal version of Calendar WD (CWD) and I am having some issues with it:

Issue #1 > Parts of the labels in different languages. My Wordpress is in Spanish, my computer is in Spanish and yet some labels in the Calendar different views show up in English, like in the week view when there is no event it shows "No events" instead of in Spanish or nothing at all.
How can I solve this. I need everything in Spanish

Issue #2 > There seems to be a transparent space in the list view (see image it shows my background). Can this be fixed either by setting the distance or filling it with color?

Issue #3 > The "Feature Image" box display in list view. Can the size be modified to be a square instead of a rectangle? And some pictures show up blurred. I have tried several sizes, but that renders other problems as well. If I give the picture an 80x80 it appears blurred and in the event page appears tiny. Also, can a colorborder frame be added to the thumbnail?

Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
Maria

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sona N. replied the topic: Problems with Front end In Calendar WD

Dear Maria Rosa,

Thanks for contacting us. For translation, if you go to event-calendar/languages folder, copy and paste to your computer es_ES .po file using PoEdit plugin modify it, then copy .po and automatically created .mo files to your language folder, the issue will be resolved.

For the second issue we will require link to your calendar.

For the third issue, we are using square image display, unfortunately this cannot be changed and it is best to use large dimension images for the events, so that the image preview will not be distorted. Thanks.

Maria Rosa Schroeder replied the topic: Problems with Front end In Calendar WD

Hi Sona,
Thank you so much for your reply.

Issue #1: I followed your instructions and found that the words I needed translated were already translated and I even added some translations. It did not work.
The problem could be that my Spanish is from México and not from Spain. The .po and .mo files are named after Spain es.Es(paña).po
But if that is the case, why does some text of the calendar is in Spanish and others not.

Issue #2: Have not opened site to the public yet. But I am sending you a new screen image so that you can see the issue. If this is not useful, I will let you know as soon as I open it.

Issue#3: Square? It appears as a rectangle in the page like it shows in the image I sent. Can you explain a bit more please? What I need is for the image to appear full in this section even if it gets small as an icon and in readable full size in the event page.

Issue #4: New issue :blush: :oops: The Event Title field format, is there a code that I can add so that field format is in <br> and centered for default? By the way, tried to change the font in the Custom css panel with this code
.event-details-container  .event-details-title a {    font-style: normal !important;
}
and did not work.

#5: In the events detail, when there is no detail the legend "No additional detail for this event." appears. Also not translated, but the thing is I do not want a legend when the event details is blank. How can I fix that ?

Really appreciate the time.
Best regards,
Maria

Attachments:

Dear Maria,

1. What is your language set in WordPress Language Settings? We will explain it to you how to make the changes.
2. This can be resolved only after the page is published, since this way we cannot tell why you get the blank spacing.
3. Sorry, I had to mention that it's rectangular and this shape cannot be changed. If the image doesn't have the same proportion the image will be distorted and cut, thus use identical proportion images.
4. This cannot be changed by default, since it uses the same standards as WordPress posts, thus it is by default left-aligned. We have only theme options, which can be used for making changes.
5. We cannot leave it blank, since there should a text to be displayed. When we help out with 1st point, we will tell you where to change it. Thanks.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maria Rosa Schroeder

Good morning from México

1. Language in WP is set to "Español de México" (Spanish from México)

Issue #1 Solved!!
I went ahead and changed it in WP to just Spanish and worked!! thanks.

Next issue please :)

2. I have opened the site for this. sgnl.com.mx/eventos-y-noticias/

3. Can you tell me the proportions recommended for the image?

Thanks again

Great to know that the language issue is resolved. For the rest of two issues please follow the instructions below:

2. To remove the margin, which is coming from your theme please go to Event Calendar> Settings>Custom CSS:

.event-title p {
margin:0
}

3. 360x174px or larger image with the same proportion

Sona N. wrote: 3. 360x174px or larger image with the same proportion

Sorry for the delay... life got in the way. :silly:

Can you explain (not very savy in this stuff) what do you mean by proportion?
360 x 174 px is the size, the resolution is how many px per inch if I am not mistaken, but not sure what the right proportion would be.
An example would be very helpful.:blush:

Best regards
Maria

360 x 174 px is a image proportion value. There are 72 pixels per inch, if that's what you refer to. Note that is about 360/174 that's important. If you have e.g. 720 x 348 pixels image that will also work, as well as smaller image with the same proportion.

Time to create page: 0.563 seconds