ECWD-Frontend NO CheckBox

Pascal created the topic: ECWD-Frontend NO CheckBox

In the creation of events:

There is no CheckBox:

- Show map in event page
- Send email to subscribers
- Allow comments

While functions exist in the dashboard

This removes a lot of important functionality !!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sona N. replied the topic: ECWD-Frontend NO CheckBox

Dear Pascal,

Thanks for contacting us. Please note that those options are only accessible from the backend due to security reasons. Note that the event created on the backend can be further modified form the dashboard to have the options set. Thanks.

Pascal replied the topic: ECWD-Frontend NO CheckBox

Dear Sona

I am not convinced of your answer, I need more explanation, to justify a failure of your application.

Proposing a frontend and a subscription to the users, without it working in reality is a major problem!

Re-read my previous message, and explain to me precisely the security problem with checbox options (which are also activated by default in the parameters and are not active in reality !!!)

My colaboration may quickly find its limitation with a new response like this.

Dear Pascal,

For emailing in Subscribe there is a button called Mail send checkbox, if that's enabled whenever an event is added the user will be notified about it. The individual checkbox is therefore only used if you don't really want to notify the user. Thus the mail is not an issue at all in this case.

Allow comments is enable by default, thus the users can comment, there is no checkbox for this.

As for the map, it requires call up of an admin file, thus it is not secure to allow admin file call up.

It's not that we are trying to convince that the options should not be there. As you can see now two of them can be set from default, whereas the map part cannot be set from the backend. But can be further modified as already mentioned.

Dear Pascal,

For emailing in Subscribe there is a button called Mail send checkbox, if that's enabled whenever an event is added the user will be notified about it. The individual checkbox is therefore only used if you don't really want to notify the user. Thus the mail is not an issue at all in this case.
This checkbox does not exist for a user who creates an event

Allow comments is enable by default, thus the users can comment, there is no checkbox for this.
It's working now, and I hope it will continue.

As for the map, it requires call up of an admin file, thus it is not secure to allow admin file call up.

Your answer is inaccurate, it is an option to display the map in foreground on the event. Without going through the link.

It's not that we are trying to convince that the options should not be there. As you can see now two of them can be set from default, whereas the map part cannot be set from the backend. But can be further modified as already mentioned.

If what I'm asking for does not work as promised, it's a problem. I am in a context where what is most important is that users (not the administrator) can create events freely, with all the ease of use.

Dear Pascal,

IF the stated checkbox is checked the user will be notified created all created events without the chechkbox. Again this checkbox has the opposite set up, that is not to notify the users by unchecking it, not vice a versa. Thus the mentioned options is not an issue at all, just check it from admin and users will be notified about all created events. The general options apply to all events, unless there is an exception (the checkbox is disabled in an individual event).

The map option is not for this. It is for adding the event to the map view. The user will get a chance to mark the event on the map with the next tab after filling in the events.

Thus the events are created freely by the users in any case.

Dear Sona

I just figured out a new thing about suscribers.

Concerning the checkbox in the settings "Send email to Subscriber", I misinterpreted, thinking that this was a general mailing with no possibility of choice.
I'm sorry to have wasted you time on this point, I will repeat test again ...

Thank you

It does not work anyway !!! :(

Only administrator events have an effect on suscribers!
Events created by users do not generate any mail to suscribers.
I'm exhausted by all his tests !!!

Dear Pascal,

We will check this out and if the issue is present, we will release an update on this. Sorry about this. It will be investigated and resolved soon.

Dear Pascal,

You had another customization going on with your plugin. Now that issue is resolved. The emails are going through just fine. Thanks.

Dear Sona,

Thank you, it works much better now! :)

Allow me these few observations with my new test:

As for the event just created, a window proposes three things; Add new Event, My Events, Edit Event: "Add new Event" does not work.
User Mode:
- "Show map in event page" by default, does not happen.
It is necessary to return to edtion mode to activate the chekbox.
- if I activate "Show map in event page" chekbox, comments do not work anymore !!!!

Admin Mode:
By the dashbord everything is possible :)
By the calendar:
- "Show map in event page" by default, does not happen. (It is necessary to force in the dashbord or to return in edtion mode to activate the chekbox)
In the event, the category link down in color, go on an innapropriate page and ugly !!!!

have a good day

Dear Pascal,

Note that the options will be available with an update. Thanks.

Dear Sona,

I'm confused, you're talking about an upcoming update to:
- ECWD-Subscribe 2016-04-27 1.0.2?
- ECWD-Frontend-Event-Management 2017-01-26 1.0.9?
- EventCalendarWD_Wordpress 2017-02-01 5.0.82?

I am never warned of updates, I must always check ... There is never any indication on improvements.

I currently have the customized version (external link hover windows open new tab, user is organizer if not specified) EventCalendarWD_Wordpress 2016-12-28 5.0.79
What's Included in the New Release EventCalendarWD_Wordpress 2017-02-01 5.0.82

Obviously I am obliged to be more organized than you do not to lose me!

Quickly find a solution, so that one understands your updates without having to ask you each time, it is unpleasant for everyone.

This question has been solved with Zhanna in the link below.
One point remains to be solved: When modifying an event, it is no longer possible to comment on the event.

web-dorado.com/forum/wordpress-event-cal...fy-subscription.html

Time to create page: 0.273 seconds