how to fetch the new update files ?

Criss created the topic: how to fetch the new update files ?

There’s a new update but it’s not listed in the WP dashboard updates. The message says that one should deactivate and delete the current version, then install a brand new version of CalendarEventWD. But I cannot find any download link in my Webdorado account. Where can I fetch it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: how to fetch the new update files ?

Hello Criss!

Please log in to your account of web-dorado.com and navigate to My Account > My Products page and download the updated version from this page.

You will need to deactivate and delete current version of Event Calendar WD, and then install the update.
Thanks! Have a good start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Criss replied the topic: how to fetch the new update files ?

Yes, I did check MyProducts but there wasn't anything in it, that's why I opened this thread int he forum.

Hey Criss!

In that case could you please send us a message by filling out this form ? Please forward the transaction ID of your purchase, or the email address, which you used when you purchased Event Calendar WD.

We'll check it out ASAP.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Criss!

We received your email and our sales team checked the details of your purchase. It looks like the user with the email address that you sent to us was logged in one month ago. The product is registered on the account with that email.

If you forgot the password of this account, you can reset it and you will receive a message to that email address right away.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I don't remember having used a different email for purchase and forum. However I have tried to reset password for the email I used to purchase and have logged in again with my username "Criss" and the new password. I got in but still my account is empty of any update. :S

Hello Criss!

Looks like you did not receive my last response, where I have mentioned the email address. I wasn't sure about writing the address under your forum topic, but I am posting it hidden from public access below.

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

That's the email address your Event Calendar WD plugin is registered on. Could you please check?

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I confirm that is the email I asked a new password for. But on loggin in my account the update is still not available. I also posted on the WP forum and discovered that to update this plugin you must basically sign for a yearly subscription. However, I should at least receive updates for 6 months, which apparently have been disabled in my account.

Hello Criss!

This is very strange, could you please screenshot and attach My Account > My Products page from your Web-Dorado.com account of the mentioned email address?

The product was present and properly downloaded from our end when we tried.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

you can see it here attached

Attachments:

Hello Criss!

Please note, that the screenshot indicates, that you have logged in with the following email address:

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

But as I mentioned, the product is registered on the account with this email address

We can reset the password of this account, if you'd like. But seems like you are not receiving our messages to your email addresses, so please email us with another address, e.g. a Gmail account, so you can get the password we send you.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello, I don't want to have separate accounts for the forum and for purchasing the products. So, please assign my purchase email to this forum account. (I do receive the password reset emails)

Hey Criss!

We switched your product to your current account, the one you are using to post on the forum. Could you please check Event Calendar WD from My Account > My Products page?

Please confirm, that you can now access the product.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Thank you, I confirm I see the update in my account. So, do you confirm this is on a subscription basis? Do I have to purchase the EventCalendar again in the future? (I really hate subscriptions based products)

I also have another problem. If you read my previous ticket #86178, there have been some changes to accomodate my theme but, as your colleague mentioned, I cannot update my plugin otherwise I'll lose everything. Since I cannot spot the modifications made, could you please wrap them in a separate file so that I can re-apply the changes once I installe this new update?

I'd appreciate. Thank you

That's wonderful, Criss!

We are glad to know it is all sorted out now. As for your question, here's how subscriptions of Web-Dorado products work. You can use the product for as long as you will need it. The subscription period, 1 year for instance, indicates the amount of time, during which you will receive product updates.

This means that you will need to renew your subscription to get updated versions afterwards. Otherwise feel free to use the plugin for as long as necessary.

Regarding the customization, please note, we have notified you that you will not be able to update the product when we provided the custom code. However, please follow these steps before proceeding with the update.

- Create a backup of whole /event-calendar-wd folder.
- Save these files also separately on your computer:

/event-calendar-wd/js/script.js
/event-calendar-wd/views/single-event.php
/event-calendar-wd/views/taxonomy-ecwd_event_category.php

Afterwards install the update and try to replace these files on the new version. In case this doesn't work, please install the old version that you have created a backup from.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.277 seconds