Lat/Long instead of address?

Jim Lord created the topic: Lat/Long instead of address?

I'm working on a site for a food truck. Their events aren't at an exact address. They are on the road. This is an issue with the plugin. Your map estimates the address. The event page seems to approximate that location very well. However, when you click the marker to open a new google map, it's passing the address, which sometimes is now off of the road.

Example: findmytee.com/rawkngrub/venue/ridgeway-loop/
That shows the location as being on the road, which is correct. Clicking the marker appears to move the location to a business which is not on the road. We certainly don't want people pulling into nearby businesses looking for the truck!

Can you help me change this to actual lat/long coordinates? You can see how I've done that on their current site at rawkngrub.com/gig.php?thisgig=271

A lat/long option in a future release would be nice. I have a couple of sites for which that location system would be more accurate than using an address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Lat/Long instead of address?

Hello Jim!

Please note, that when you click on a map pin and it redirects to Google Maps page, we cannot control nearby places or other features. Also the current site opens the info box instead of going to Google Maps.

You can set the venues pin to just open the info window directly on the map the following way. Go to Calendars > Settings and navigate to Google Maps tab. Afterwards disable Open Google map when Marker is clicked option.

Let me know if this works for you.
Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Jim Lord replied the topic: Lat/Long instead of address?

Thank you, but that does not fix it at all. This is for a food truck site. I need people to be able to pull up directions to the truck. If I don't open Google Maps, it doesn't appear that directions are an option.

I understand you can't control nearby places or other features, but this isn't quite that. What I'm asking is if you can use the latitude/longitude marker instead of passing the address through to Google Maps. This would actually be a much better function for your product, as addresses aren't universal. There are mapping and event applications that don't use specific addresses, like food trucks or any other event that might be outside of a specific building.

If you look at my examples, that's what they use. What I need in this plugin is the calendaring layout that you use. I was hoping your mapping would use lat/long like mine does.

I don't mind going in to the code to adjust this, but I'm afraid there are too many points to mess with (input in selecting the lat/long as well as the easier end, which would be displaying and linking.)

Hello Jim!

Thank you for specifying. Unfortunately writing latitude/longitude is not available in Even Calendar WD plugin. However, you can drag the pin of the truck's location to the desired destination.

Would this work for you?

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Unfortunately, no. The way you are using the maps API, it's then estimating the address. It's still not using the lat/long, so that then pulls in unwanted locations. In fact, that's what I did in the example of the issue I posted. It's unfortunate, because I love the way your calendar is laid out. I guess I will have to hack into the code if I can't get a refund on the purchase.

Nevermind. It appears that I won't be getting a refund. Thank you for your help. This will be the last product I purchase and the last post.

Hey Jim!

Hopefully our developers will consider adding this option in further updates of Event Calendar WD plugin. We don't want to keep you disappointed. So please add your suggestion to our Submit your idea page, here's the link:

web-dorado.com/support/submit-your-idea.html

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds