Upgrading to Event Calendar Pro question

Jack created the topic: Upgrading to Event Calendar Pro question

Hi All,

I just downloaded the pro version of Event Calendar for WP. The instructions say that I have to deactive then remove the existing plugin, so what will happen to my calendar dates? I have a year's worth in the control.

The upgrade instructions say I won't lose anything, where is the data stored? I could not find any file that stores the dates. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Upgrading to Event Calendar Pro question

Dear Jack,

Thank you for purchasing Event Calendar WD Pro!

Please note, that calendars, events, venues and other data are posts, so they are being saved within your website database, rather than server file system. So in case you deactivate and delete Lite version of the plugin and then install Pro, you will not lose any data.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Garthyg replied the topic: Upgrading to Event Calendar Pro question

Does one lose formatting and themes created?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Upgrading to Event Calendar Pro question

Hey Garthyg! Thanks for the question!

If you deactivate and delete current version of Event Calendar WD plugin, then install Pro, you will not lose any of its data. So feel free to proceed with the upgrade, and let us know in case you have further questions.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds