Getting started with "BUSINESS ELITE"

Robert Castorf created the topic: Getting started with "BUSINESS ELITE"

I am attempting to build a website using the free version of your "Business Elite" theme; it seems to have most of the capabilities that I need. However, I'm having a problem changing the background image using "Appearance -> Background" or "Customize". It accepts a new background image in the left sidebar, but nothing I do (including "Save and Publish") will cause it to replace the two default images (yellow flowers and a laptop). Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong?

I should add that although I'm a novice at WORDPRESS, my vocation for over 40 years was computer programmer and software engineer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Anoush replied the topic: Getting started with "BUSINESS ELITE"

Hello Robert,

How are you?

I am mentioning the steps, please try to follow them one more time.

Appearance > Customize > General > Background Image > Change Image > Upload the Image > Save and Publish.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Robert Castorf replied the topic: Getting started with "BUSINESS ELITE"

Thanks Anoush, but that still doesn't work. After clicking "Save and Publish", it says "Saved" but the background image doesn't change. It still alternately displays the 2 default images (yellow flowers and laptop). I'm wondering if my problem has something to do with the fact that the default is 2 images alternating rather than a single static image? Or, do I maybe need to get the pro version of the theme? I was thinking about doing that anyway.

Oh -- I just noticed that my background image did get published, but it did not replace the 2 demo/default images. Instead, it was placed farther down the page and is seen only if you scroll down past the default images and blog posts which follow them. I want it to replace the default images and be near the top of the home page, right below the header and main menu. Will the pro version allow me to do this? Thanks.

Hi Robert,

How are you?

Could you please share the link of your website here, for taking a look how does it display?

Thanks again.

It's mostly just got test stuff in it for now. The test link is qssi.net/jy4
Thanks for taking a look.

I think I've got it now. Thanks so much, Anoush, for getting me onto the right track. It turns out that what I needed was:

Appearance > Customize > Slider > Slider - Images > Remove This Slide > Add New Slide > Save and Publish

I think I'll be okay for a while now, but I'll probably get stuck somewhere along the line, and I will call for your help again.

Thank-you.

Deat Robert,

It is very nice to hear :)

Please let me know if there's any further information you need.

Have a wonderful day!

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds