Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

Linda created the topic: Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

I was wondering is there is a way to make the thumbnail images clickable? It is only the title now that is clickable, but I would love to have a very clean look for my portfolio. Is there a way to add it with custom CSS, or is there an option within the the Pro theme?

http://prntscr.com/fhr8l4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

Hi, Linda!

Thanks for posting your question!

Did you build this page with Portfolio Gallery theme or Photo Gallery plugin? Could you please give us the link to it? Unfortunately, Portfolio Gallery does not provide this option, but Photo Gallery plugin does.

So please post the link, and we will suggest a solution.

As for custom CSS option, it is available both in free and Pro versions. In case you have Portfolio Gallery Free, please go to Appearance > Customize, then navigate to General tab, where you will see Custom CSS setting.

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Linda replied the topic: Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

Thank you for your reply.

I have build it with Portfolio Gallery theme Pro. www.saiya-chan-com.pcxtmp.nl/wordpress

I was trying to work around it making the fa-link div and parent just as big as the thumbnail and making them transparent, but unfortionaly it didn't workout like I wanted and also because the the fa-link has the link ability not the whole image is clickable on every part of the thumbnail.

I was looking into the Php files to see if I could add the a href a bit higher or even place a transparent png on top to catch the click.

It's a pitty that the theme doesn't support other link/clickable options. Because userwise many people would want the whole image to be clickable, not just the text if you only have the text option avaiable. I've encounterd a number of people telling me that the thumbnails don't work, but I have to tell them they have to click on the thumbnails title to view a project. This is not as userfriendly as I had hoped.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

Hello, Linda!

Unfortunately, it will not be possible to have the link take the whole area. However, you can enlarge the area with the URL by adding the following code to Appearance > Customize > General > Custom CSS panel:

h4, h4>a, h4 > a:link, h4 > a:hover, h4 > a:visited {
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;
    display: block;
}

Let me know in case you have further questions.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Linda replied the topic: Is there a way to make the thumbnails clickable in the Portfolio Theme?

Agapi G. thank you very much! This little increasement helps out alot! On mobile this will also make it more user-friendly to navigate through.

Thank you for the quick reply and tip!

Hi, Linda!

You are most welcome! We are glad to know the code worked on your website. Please feel free to drop us a line any time you will need further assistance. We'll be happy to help!

If you have a few minutes, please share your rating for Portfolio Gallery on WordPress.org. Your feedback will help us improve the quality and features of the product, as well as our customer support service.

Let me provide you the link: wordpress.org/support/theme/portfolio-gallery/reviews
Thank you so much! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds