Resizing thumbnails & displaying whole lightbox image in Photo Gallery for WP

Paul Smedberg created the topic: Resizing thumbnails & displaying whole lightbox image in Photo Gallery for W

Hi,

Everything works well. Fairly happy with the Photo Gallery. Just a few things I'm having trouble configuring.
Site is currently at: 23.235.222.117/~paulsmedberg/art/

1. I can't seem to get the thumbnails to resize. It looks like they stay at 180px even when changed in configuration.
2. I'd like to use 2 or more lines for the description. Right now, the description text concatinates and wraps. Maybe if I could add a <br>?
3. When viewing an image in the lightbox:
A. I can't see a way to close the lightbox and return to the page.
B. I'd like nothing, not the bar at top or bottom to be over the image. Right now, a black band occludes the top and bottom of the image.
C. I'd like not to see the filename -- just the description.
4. How do I enable touch-and-enlarge for mobile view? I mean where you spread your fingers on an image to zoom in.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Resizing thumbnails & displaying whole lightbox image in Photo Gallery for W

Hi Paul!

Thank you for posting your questions!

Please see the answers to them listed below.

1. Could you please let us know which option do you use to change the thumbnail dimensions? Please make sure to change them using Image Thumbnail dimensions in shortcode settings of your gallery.

2. You can use <br> in the image description to separate the text into multiple lines. Is it not working on the image descriptions of your gallery?

3. The close button for the lightbox is just not quite visible. Please add the following CSS code to style.css file or Custom CSS editor of your website theme. It will add padding to the info box and you will see the close button (3.A request).

.bwg_image_info {
    padding-top: 30px;
    background-color: transparent;
}

It will also make the info box background transparent (3.B request).

Also, you can hide the control buttons, which is the bar at the bottom of the lightbox. You can do that by editing the shortcode of your gallery and setting Enable control buttons to No (3.B request)

Furthermore, you can hide the image title by adding this CSS code (3.C request):
.bwg_image_title {
    display: none;
}

4. Unfortunately, zooming on touch screens has been disabled in Photo Gallery, since that created responsiveness problems.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds