Sauron Blog Posts

Sherianne Higgins created the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

Good Morning Sona!

Today's dilemma is how to make blog posts look like a normal blog post. Seriously.

I want to have a landing page that has a long list of blog posts related by category displayed like attachment. I am assuming it is done by tweaking the settings on the blog post template, I tried but couldn't figure it out. Is there a way to do it in the theme or do I need a plug in?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

Hello Sherianne! Thank you for posting your question!

Perhaps Services page template would be a good choice for you. Could you please check the following link? Its top section is how your posts will appear if you use this template:
themedemo.web-dorado.com/sauron/services/

Here's what you need to do to set up. Please edit the page you wish to use as your blog page. Select Services Page from Page Templates option. Let us know if this display works for you.

Thank you! Have a good day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Sherianne Higgins replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

No. Not even close. It's a blog entry and I want it to actually look like a blog entry. I think this is closer but have no idea how it was set up. Link is from your demo page --> themedemo.web-dorado.com/sauron/2016/10/21/olivia-harris/

Hello Sherianne!

Unfortunately Sauron does not have another template, that looks similar to what you wish to have. Please note, that the link you have sent is a single post page, where the full content of the post is displayed.

But could you please post a suggestion for this on our Submit your idea page? We'd love to create a new template in future updates of Sauron theme. Here's the link to that page:
web-dorado.com/support/submit-your-idea.html

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

I can not wait for an update and need to make this work. I think there's a way if you help me.

If I create a menu using the category I will get a list of the blog posts I want. Unfortunately there is a huge Archive heading that I have not been able to remove in the past, a large picture and the entire text. If I alter this for the category and each sub item I will get the look I want. I added it to the menu here --> outofoffice.blog/category/destinations/

I need the code to:
make the picture small and left
show only the first few lines of text
remove that archive heading

Hello Sherianne!

Please add the following CSS code to Theme Options > General > Custom CSS editor for removing the heading and aligning the picture left:

body.archive .wp-caption {
    max-width: 20%;
}
body.archive h2.styledHeading {
    display: none;
}

As for creating a text excerpt, our developers will require temporary WordPress admin access to make these changes. Please send the info using this contact form , and also mention the link to this forum thread in your message.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

The title is gone and the image is left -- WooHoo -- Thank you!
How do I give them access?

Hey Sherianne!

Please create a temporary account with Administrator privileges, and send the information to us using this contact form . Also make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message.

Our development team will take a look at the issue as soon as possible and figure out a solution.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Done and sent

Thanks, Sherianne!

I have assigned your support ticket to our developers, and asked them to make the changes.
We will keep you posted about the progress with the ticket.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Wow! They have already worked on it -- you guys are so awesome!!!

Currently the text is under the picture. I am shooting for a more traditional blog archive look of the picture left with the post title and several lines of text to the right of the picture. As close to the original example I attached as possible. I tried to attach it again but the attachment button isn't liking me right now and won't allow it.

Again -- you guys are seriously so helpful and patient, thank you!

Hey Sherianne!

That's right, our developers have made the relevant changes on your Sauron theme. Let me note, that you need to set Featured Images for posts from now on, so they will be visible on post listing pages.

Also, I'll ask our developers to try to place the text next to images as your initial example. Unfortunately Attachments button is not working currently, but the website development team is checking this. They will fix this soon.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Sherianne!

I am happy to inform you, that the necessary changes regarding the layout of category archive pages have been made! Could you please take a look again and let us know if that's what you wanted to achieve?

Thank you! Happy Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi,

Sorry for delayed response, I was out of town. It's Very Very close. Is there a way to also have the title align right of the picture as in the example? So the picture would be left and right would be title, then the text under it. I understand it is not set up to post author and date like the example.

Hi Sherianne!

Unfortunately it would only be possible to center the heading, which is closer to what you need to achieve. Could you please try adding the following CSS code to Theme Options > General Options > Custom CSS panel?

h3.archive-header {
    text-align: center;
}
Let me know if you like the display.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

KBoye replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

Is it possible to do the layout above with the Free version of the Sauron theme or is it only available in the paid versions?

Danny Jones replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

Agapi G. wrote: Hello Sherianne! Thank you for posting your question!

Perhaps Services page template would be a good choice for you. Could you please check the following link? Its top section is how your posts will appear if you use this template:
themedemo.web-dorado.com/sauron/services/ mws

Here's what you need to do to set up. Please edit the page you wish to use as your blog page. Select Services Page from Page Templates option. Let us know if this display works for you.

Thanks for this information.

KBoye replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

I don't have a Services Template option as I'm only using the FREE version. Is there a way to do this in the FREE version or is it only in the Pro versions?

Anoush replied the topic: Sauron Blog Posts

Dear User,

Yes, the feature is integrated with the Pro version of Theme.

Let me know in case you have other questions.

Time to create page: 0.692 seconds