Business Elite Pro - Slider, button issues

Will Pirkle created the topic: Business Elite Pro - Slider, button issues

I've been enjoying working with this theme - very cool. But I've found a couple of things that are somewhat problematic.

1) I've noticed an anomaly with the sliders - I have 7 slider images setup with 7 different text blurbs (Image Descriptions) that go with them. If I leave the homepage by going to another Tab in Chrome, while some slider image/description is loaded, then come back later, the image will not update until the descriptions have cycled through once, putting them out of sync for a while. I.E. the descriptions will change but the images will stay constant until the description catches up with the current image, then everything returns to normal operation. This can be confusing because the description does not match the image during that re-sync time. During that re-sync time, the fade effect on the sliders that I use does not occur.

EDIT: I *thought* I found out why this was happening; because of the CSS code I added to the Custom CSS Field to eliminate the < and > arrows from the page, which looks much cleaner with my artwork/text:

The CSS code is:

#spider_slideshow_right,
#spider_slideshow_left {
display: none;
}

However, I get the same behavior when returning to the page. If I click on the arrows to advance the slides, the same thing happens; I have to advance all the way round to the current image's description text, before the sliders begin advancing like normal. Is this a known issue, or is there something else I can do to stop the behavior?

2) For the button which says "Learn More" in the image, I have it set to:

<a href="http://<my site address>?#top_posts"

so that it takes the user to the chunk below, that shows the three Top Posts as blurbs/images, (like the Demo material included with the Pro version). However, when you press the button, the screen flashes black and reloads - the same way it does when it opens for the first time, and the same way the Demo theme does here themedemo.web-dorado.com/theme-businesselite/ when you reload the page. After flashing, it then scrolls down to the chunk below.

This doesn't happen when I use the Contact menu item which uses the same anchor-type href, where it scrolls smoothly down to the Contact chunk, no flashing screen. Is there a way to scroll smoothly from the button press without the page reloading/flashing?

Thanks for all your help!

- Will

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Business Elite Pro - Slider, button issues

Hello Will! Thank you for posting about these issues!

Firstly, we apologize for not responding you earlier. Our support forum was having technical difficulties.

Regarding the issue with slider, it is not a known bug, but we will be happy to take a look at it from your website. Could you please give us temporary WordPress administrator access? You can send the login information using this form .

Also make sure to mention the link to this forum thread in your message.

As for the scrolling feature, please note, that it is designed for the menus, but I will ask our developers to also make it work for the button on your website slider. This might require Javascript edits, so the team might need temporary FTP access also. Could you please send these details as well?

Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Will Pirkle replied the topic: Business Elite Pro - Slider, button issues

Hi Agapi

Thanks for the reply! I have more information on the slider issue that you may want to pass on to Development - first, my sliders have a lot of transparent area which allows me to alter the background color easily from the theme settings. I noticed that if I am in the middle of the slider animation, and I click Contact to go down to the contact form and fill it out, then click Home to scroll back up to the top, I have the same problem with the sliders being out of sync. On top of that, because the sliders have transparency, I can see the other sliders rotating in the transparent area behind the current slider. In other words, when scrolling back to the top (or coming back via clicking a Tab in Chrome/Firefox), the current slider remains "stuck" on; the other sliders then show up behind it, in turn, until the current slider comes back around. At that point, it begins working correctly.

The site should be live within the next 7 days (still on local machine); when that happens I will fill out the form you attached so your engineers can see it. I will also let you know if the problem goes away when the site goes live (though I can't understand why that would happen...).

Thanks Agapi!

- Will

Hello Will!

I found the link you have sent to my colleague a few days ago. Checked the slider, but it did seem to navigate through texts and slides properly. I also tried to scroll down, clicked on Home menu item to scroll up, but slides did not break.

Is it working correctly on your end as well? If not, please let us know what type of device do you use and we will check in the same environment. I tested with Google Chrome on Windows OS.

Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Agapi

Thanks for checking on my site! The slider problem does still exist, though it is not as obvious as before. With my original sliders (which had transparent backgrounds) and the description blurb/button, the problem still existed. The sliders would get out of sync with the blurbs and due to the transparency, would being overlying each other!

The sliders you see were made with non-transparent backgrounds. The text blurbs you see are embedded in the slider images; I was not able to use the text description/buttons for the above reasons : (

The problem is less difficult to spot, but still there. The slider shuffle time is 7 seconds. If you go to the page, and let the first slider pass, then scroll down to the contact form (or leave the Tab in Chrome, and come back by clicking on the old tab), you will see that one of the sliders has "frozen" - it will stay frozen for 14 or 21 seconds while the problem occurs; then once the background slider change has caught up, it will go back to the 7-second slider time. If I used my old transparent sliders and text, you would see that problem with the text cycling while the slider stayed frozen.

So, I did not fix the problem, just made it less obvious with non-transparent sliders with embedded text (and unfortunately, no embedded "Learn More" button either...).

The mail is still not working on the Contact panel at the bottom; I was not sure how to add you guys as admins - should I just create a generic account for you "WebDorado" and assign you a password?

Thanks,
Will

I can make the change with the transparent sliders and description text, so you can see the problem, but it looks bad on the site... The fact that the current slider freezes while it waits for the rotation to catch up, is the evidence your engineers could use to look further. And the easiest way to see the problem is leaving the tab in Chrome, and coming back to it, without reloading the page directly - you can see the freeze then.

Hello Will!

Thank you for precisely describing the problem. It did not occur after scrolling down to contact form, then scrolling back up, but we did notice the issue when we switched browser tabs. So resolving that one will also fix the problem that occurs after scrolling.

You can create a generic admin account with the mentioned username, of course. Make sure to set the user role to Administrator, so we will have access to the theme files. Afterwards forward the access information using this form , and mention the link to this forum topic in your message.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hello Will!

I just wanted to let you know, that our developers are taking a look at this problem with Business Elite slider. They will come up with a solution soon and we'll notify you about the changes.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds