Posts as a different menu item Portfolio Theme

Geoffrey Hennies created the topic: Posts as a different menu item Portfolio Theme

Greetings,

I purchased the Portfolio theme and I like it. The only thing I am having a difficult time figuring out is how to change it so that a regular page shows up as the home page, and the very nice portfolio page (seen as the home page on the demo) is a different menu item (ie portfolio).

Thank you, sorry if this has been answered, was a difficult search..

geoffrey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Posts as a different menu item Portfolio Theme

Dear Geoffrey,

I was discussing your requirement with our developers and here's what they are suggesting. It is not possible to use exactly the homepage template on another page.

But what you can do is to use Portfolio page template instead. It is very similar to homepage, there is only one difference, though. Featured post does not appear on pages with Portfolio template.

Could you please try this? Make sure to check Portfolio page from Template option of your page editor.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Geoffrey Hennies replied the topic: Posts as a different menu item Portfolio Theme

Hey, thanks for your response.

I did find a way, though it took some re-working of your template files. I had to set the "reading" settings on the site to blog, then reworked the home.php to just show a static page. Then I created a new template file copying the original home page and applied it to my portfolio page.

Not an easy process, but it accomplished what I wanted.

Thank you! I really like the theme, and also your plugins.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Posts as a different menu item Portfolio Theme

Dear Geoffrey,

That's also a way of achieving the view, thanks for sharing your solution with us!

Since you have modified theme files, we would recommend you to use a child theme, so the changes you made will not be lost with an update.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds