New Category View

deepiceman created the topic: New Category View

Hello,

I want to create a view where I am displaying all members of a group in tabular form. How do I go about doing this? I see the option available to create table view but it is for the user detail page not the group view page.

You can see my site at sandbox.khalsacomputers.com/ssomwp/cont_category/wd-test

The result I want to achieve is similar to this page -> singhsabhaofmi.org/index.php/contact/crc-members

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: New Category View

Hi deepiceman,

Thanks for your iqnuiry.

Can you please write why you don't like our table view?

wpdemo.web-dorado.com/table-view/

It can show the same content only in more modern styles.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

deepiceman replied the topic: New Category View

My apologies. I was not following the manual and that is why it was giving me a headache. I have the format showing up as your default view and am happy with it. User error :)

No issue deepiceman :)

It's good that now you are happy with the product.

Let me know if you'll have any further inquiries.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

In the original response do you asked me what I didn't like about the view. I think the view is great but I do have a little minor inconvenience that I would like you guys to look into for future release. Why is an important item like a phone number not part of the contact? Why does it have to be setup as an additional parameter? I know we live in social media world but even they recognize the need for a phone number.

Thanks

Hi,

1. I need to modify the table view a little. Apparently it is leaving a lot of space below the table for pagination.

See the blue lines section in the image. The default number of records to show are set to 4. I have changed them to 10 knowing that I will never have more than 10 of them on a single page. Is it possible to change the code so that <div id="table_pgnt"> or <div class="staff_pagination"> only shows up if there is need for it?

2. As you can see in the image above I am only showing 3 fields and the column width looks to be set to a maximum for the first two leaving everything to the last one. I probably will display the email column eventually but until then, how can I make it look a little better?

2a. If I enable email right now, it says undefined. Any way to make it say something else?

3. How can I change the header Parameters to show something else?

4. Also I don't want the names to be clickable (link to the individual listing). How can I do that?

5. In mobile view the columns I hid (photo, email) still show up. What file needs to be adjusted for that?

Thank you

Attachments:

Hi,

I have one more issue :(

When using translation the phone numbers don't show up on parameters but will show up on the individual contacts page.

Attachments:

Hi deepiceman,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Dear, I should ask you to write us at [email protected] and provide full admin access to your website.

We'll try to do the required customization for you.

Please also do mention this forum post URL in your email.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds