view Type Fixed but Styles & Colors not working

David Gutschick created the topic: view Type Fixed but Styles & Colors not working

Background on problem, including unexpected solution to view option bug in pro version:
I had the problem that after removing the free version of Team WD and replacing it with the pro version, the only view option I had on the directory page was "full". I even got the warning that I was limited to "full" view and needed the pro version to access the other views. I tried creating two "Styles and Colors" themes in Team WD, with no effect. Disabling other plugins also had no effect.
Because the pro version looked much worse than the free version, I ended up uninstalling the pro version and reinstalling the free version while I waited to hear back from WD. The representative who contacted me gave the same suggestion everybody in this forum seems to get for this type of problem: you probably didn't actually install the pro version, so you should give us admin access to your site. I knew I had installed the pro version, so I decided to try one last attempt to fix it myself rather than give out admin access. I again removed the free version and installed the pro version, and suddenly had access to all the view options. So, if you're having the problem that your view options are limited, just try reverting to free and then install the pro version again. I don't know if creating a new theme under the styles and options tab has any effect.

Current problem: the settings under the styles and colors tab still have no effect.
I want to increase the number of profiles shown on a single page and to use a blue coloring on my site instead of WD's default of teal. The themes I created when I installed this plugin the previous time still existed, but still didn't have any effect on how the directory is shown. I deleted both of them and created a new one. There is still no change in appearance. On the tab for Styles and Colors, I notice that there is an "Activate" link for the theme I created. Clicking on that link does nothing. I've circled this link in the first attachment, and shown some of the settings in the second attachment, along with the lack of effect in the third attachment. So, here's my question: how do you activate a theme under the styles and colors tab for Team WD? It shouldn't require admin access from someone at WD. If there's a specific change to make in the mySQL database, please tell me what change to make. If it requires editing one of the theme's PHP files, please tell me what edits to make.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: view Type Fixed but Styles & Colors not working

Hello David! Thank you for posting about this.

Firstly please note, that these issues are unique on each website, since they can be caused by the theme or other plugins. And we do request temporary WordPress admin access to figure out the cause of these conflicts.

Please note, that any sensitive information you provide is secured by our strong Privacy Statement. Feel free to look at it, if you'd like: goo.gl/6QtQhh

So could you please send us a private message using the contact form on this page: goo.gl/7SbEU1 and give temporary access to your WordPress dashboard? We will check the themes issue ASAP and provide a solution.

Also please mention the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds