Seekbar

Julie created the topic: Seekbar

With the current Flash version, it's working EXACTLY how I want it to where when I upload .mp4 files, the Seekbar doesn't work so the user is forced to watch my .mp4. The Seekbar works for YouTube file links. You can see what I'm talking about here infinitelinx.ca/ws/test-2/ (the first video is a YouTube file and you can seek through it but the second file is an mp4 of which you cannot seek through it which is perfect)

My question is, with the WordPress HTML5 version coming soon, will it work the same way as above? If not, can you please make it so that we can disable the Seekbar for certain videos whether it be an mp4 or YouTube file link.

Thank you very much. You have an excellent product!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Re: Seekbar

Dear Julie,

Actually you can also seek through the .mp4 video, just you have to wait until it loads to the current position where you want to seek to. So it's a matter of internet speed. If your internet is fast then the video will be loaded faster and you'll be able to seek through it and vice versa.

To answer your question: Yes, it will work the same way, but in the way I described :)

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Julie replied the topic: Re: Seekbar

I actually doubled checked that by pausing the video to wait for it to load so I can seek it forward but it didn't preload. Also, the mp4 is only like 8 seconds long so there isn't much of a preload for it. I paused it, waited for about a minute, unpaused it, and tried to seek ahead and it started over. Also, I have high-speed internet. I love the way it works like this. I just want it to work the same way with the HTML5 version :/ Or at least an option to disable the seekbar for certain videos whether it be an mp4 or YouTube file. Please please please make this possible and I will pay twice the amount for it :) :P

Support replied the topic: Re: Seekbar

Dear Julie,

We have sent you an email with additional details.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds