Do we need to include ogv & webm as well as mp4?

Virginia Garnitz created the topic: Do we need to include ogv & webm as well as mp4?

Before I purchased spidervideo I used 3 other html5 video player modules, all of which required that I also put at least an .ogv in the video folder with a suggestion that I also include a .webm version as well.
Is this necessary with spidervideo as well?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Do we need to include ogv & webm as well as mp4?

Dear Virginia Garnitz,
The Spider Video Player supports .ogg, .mp4 formats of the video files. You can use .mp4 version for both Flash and HTML 5 versions.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Ioannis Volos replied the topic: Re: Do we need to include ogv & webm as well as mp4?

Hi....I´m tying out the free version of Spider Video Player and I can't seem to load both an ogg and webm file...it's either one or the other....??????.....is this something that comes with the pay version or am I doing something wrong? I appreciate your answers.

Support replied the topic: Re: Do we need to include ogv & webm as well as mp4?

Dear Ioannis,

It's only possible to load one file. Use WebM. It's supported in most browsers.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ioannis Volos

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds