Full Screen button not working in IE11

Matthew Heffron created the topic: Full Screen button not working in IE11

I have everything working except this one last thing. The Full Screen Mode button works fine in Chrome, but when I hit the button in the control bar for the same page in IE11 (OS Windows7) nothing happens. I do get the hand selector so the link is live, just doesn't do anything. I've tried different themes of yours and searching online and this forum - can't find a solution. Perplexed. Help!

BTW, HTML5 is my set priority.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Full Screen button not working in IE11

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Matthew, can you please send the video page URL to test?

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!

Matthew Heffron replied the topic: Full Screen button not working in IE11

Sadly, I cannot - it is behind our firewall, we are a bank, and I have no way to allow that.
I did an element check in IE and it shows the iframe for spidervideo allowfullscreen option equal to "" (allowfullscreen="".
in Chrome the iframe lists it simply as a value "allowfullscreen" not equal to anything.
Guessing that could be the problem?
But where/how do I fix it?

I see in site/components/com_spidervideoplayer/views/spidervideoplayer/tmpl/default_html5.php that you have the iframe value as just "allowFullScreen" yet in the default_flash you actually set it to "true". I'm guessing that IE 11 is just taking the liberties of trying to set the value without having one. I would try changing the php, but I don't have access rights to write to that directory. Could you give me an altered install to try?

Here's someone having a similar problem in Drupal (although I'm using Joomla): www.drupal.org/node/1807158
I think if it is set as allowFullScreen="true" it will work?

Agapi G. replied the topic: Full Screen button not working in IE11

Hello Matthew!

Setting allowFullScreen to true might work, could you please try doing that?
If you will have any trouble, please send an e-mail to [email protected], mentioning the link to this forum thread in your e-mail.

We will make the changes and send you the modified package as soon as possible.
Thanks! Have a great start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Matthew Heffron replied the topic: Full Screen button not working in IE11

I tried setting allowFullScreen="true", it still doesn't work in IE11 - Chrome is fine with it either way.
In researching, the HTML standard is just allowFullScreen, no value assignment and indeed that is what appears on the Flash player iFrame - and Flash works fine in IE11. I just can't default to Flash in this environment, too many problems.

So to summarize, the only solution that looks like it will work in IE11 is to show allowFullScreen in the iFrame tag without any value assignment. Because of how you are setting that, I need to have you provide an update as fix.

Thank you.

Hello Matthew!

Thank you for your notes. I have assigned a task to our development team, so they can take a look at the problem and figure out a solution very soon.

They will perhaps release an update, but we'll send you the fixed package to install on your website.
Thanks! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi Matthew!

I am gladly informing you, that our development team has forwarded you a fixed version, where fullscreen button is working on IE11.

This version will also be released as an update soon.
Thank you! Have a happy Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds