Module only displaying home page and not articles

Judith Bulski created the topic: Module only displaying home page and not articles

Hi -

I installed Spider Random Article and it works great in our development environment. However it does not work on our live site and it displays the content from our front page and not the articles in the category. The module can be seen on the right of this page: www.edgenet.com/blog/latest

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Judi Bulski

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Judith Bulski replied the topic: Re: Module only displaying home page and not articles

Hi -

I had to unpublish this module because it wasn't working. Please let me know when you can take a look and I will publish it at that time.

Thanks.
Judi Bulski

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Module only displaying home page and not articles

Dear Judith Bulski,

Please give us (to [email protected]) a temporary admin user account to your site, and we will try to find out the problem as soon as possible.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Judith Bulski replied the topic: Re: Module only displaying home page and not articles

Hi -

I have added a super user account for you to trouble shoot with. Please let me know if you don't get the email with the credentials.

Thanks.
Judi Bulski

Administrator replied the topic: Re: Module only displaying home page and not articles

Dear Judith Bulski,

Please give us (to [email protected]) ftp access to your site.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

I'm sorry but we don't allow ftp access to our live site. I can tar up whatever files you need though and get that to you.

Dear Judith,
We had a problem uninstalling/reinstalling Joomla Random Article module. We needed ftp access to manually delete the folder modules/mod_rand.

Please delete the folder mentioned and contact us again.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

I have deleted the modules/mod_rand folder. Please let me know what else I can do to assist.

Thanks.
Judi

Dear Judith,

The problem is solved.
Please contact us again in case of any more problems.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Thanks for the help! Can you tell me a bit about the changes you made so I can be sure not to lose them the next time I publish from our development environment to our live environment?

Thanks again.
Judi Bulski

Dear Judith,
The problem was with the HTML tag on your site
<base href="[URL]" />
because of which the AJAX call was being made to a wrong url (relative to the wrong base).
We have just changed the AJAX call urls from relative to static and put your site domain name in the file rand.js.

Best regards
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds