Can't save *any* settings

Jock Coats created the topic: Can't save *any* settings

I think I must be being a bit dim here. Whichever type of button/comment/share links I try to create, it *always* fails to save with a database error saying "reg_red" cannot be NULL.

I would like to use a couple of the features of this plugin - links at the bottom of my posts to let people like it or tweet it and use the Facebook comments instead of/as well as WP's own comments system, and maybe a feed.

What information can I send you?

I'm also not clear what to do with the code for the template file - am I supposed to enter that exactly as in the example, or change something there to be my domain name or something?

Best wishes,

Jock Coats

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Can't save *any* settings

Hey Jock!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue!

Looks like there is a problem with database saving on your Facebook Feed WD. Even if the API keys, Facebook links were incorrect, the entry should be saved. It wouldn't function properly, but it should be saved.

Could you open a support ticket by sending us a message through the form on this page ? Please grant us temporary WordPress admin access to your site.

Our developers will take a look at the problem and figure out a solution as soon as possible. Don't forget to mention the link to this forum topic in your message.

Thank you! Have a wonderful day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jock Coats

Jock Coats replied the topic: Can't save *any* settings

Great, thanks, I think I managed to do that!

Incidentally, I thought I noticed somewhere else in another forum thread that Spider FB is no longer being developed. I felt a little let down as you are still selling it. I mean if it works, once this problem is solved then $15 is no real burden, but I wonder if I should have bought something else instead. I'm a drupaler moving my blog to Wordpress, which I have never really used much before this week so not familiar with the ecology of paid plugins and so on!

Jock

Hello Jock!

Sorry if you were disappointed, we are not releasing new features for Spider Facebook, but we are happy to assist you with it and fix the issues. We received your support ticket, I'll review it soon and assign to our development team.

We'll keep you updated with the progress.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Jock Coats replied the topic: Can't save *any* settings

I notice someone's been in and saved a "test" setup.

But I've not heard anything directly from support, or if I have maybe it's gone to junk mail inadvertently?

Should I try again and set one up with my own AppID and so on?

Hey Jock!

I sent an email to you on Friday, but seems like you did not receive it. The message stated, that our development team has resolved the problem on your Spider Facebook. The "test" entry was saved by the team.

Please do try to create a Facebook entry and let me know if it is working properly now.
Thank you! Have a nice start of the week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds