A few questions on customization

Yvonne Sherwood created the topic: A few questions on customization

Hello, I am trying to set up some directory pages on my site and have run into a few issues. Any help would be appreciated.

1. In the "Spider Contacts" style:
Is there a way to set the height of the boxes to resize dynamically? Using the input box through the Joomla Component Options causes formatting problems where things overlap and the text can 'break out' of the cell. ( www.hiram.edu/directory-tabs )

2. In the "Contacts Table View" style:
The site template is setting "vertical-align:baseline" on the profile image, which is causing issues in the display of the other cells. The problem is fixed by adding "vertical-align:top;" via firebug. If I could add this to the actual CSS, it would solve the issue, but I can't find where to put it our how to set the syntax. ( www.hiram.edu/directory-table )

3. In the "Single Contacts View" style:
Similar to above, the template's CSS is overriding the color for the title bar where the name is displayed. Setting this via the Joomla Component Options has no affect. I would think adding a hard-coded line in the CSS would help, but again, am unsure where/how in the 'spidercontacts_main.css' file or in the relevant 'default.php' file to write this. ( www.hiram.edu/directory-full-bio )

Thank you for your help, and for making such an awesome component.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: A few questions on customization

Dear Yvone,

As you have noticed yourself, all of the mentioned problems are conflicts with your website's template. You can write style exceptions to your template's css files with not pseudo selector: developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/%3Anot .

An example of that code for Spider Contacts would be the following:

div:not(#table_contact div) {
  vertical-align: baseline;
}

But for the 1st problem, please contact us to [email protected] and give temporary admin access to your website. Looks like the description content isn't written on its correct place. It shouldn't be among the lists of contacts, but in single contact page instead. We will take a look and provide a solution to the issue as soon as possible.

Please indicate the full link of your forum post in the subject of your e-mail.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Yvonne Sherwood replied the topic: A few questions on customization

Thanks for the quick response!

I've never heard of the div:not code before. To make that work, I'm going to write a few lines for each style of contact page. Would the divs for each be #table_contact, #single_contact, and #spider_contact?

Even with removing the full description text, I still need the boxes to resize based on the content. Some departments will have five or six parameters while others will only have one or two. Would simply deleting the code from the display php file that calls the height work? If it isn't set specifically, it should just wrap to fit?

Dear Yvone,

Please add the code for each exception the following way:

div:not(#table_contact, #single_contact, #spider_contact) {
}

As for changing the height dinamically, unfortunately the extension does not have that functionality, but you can add the following CSS code to hide the overflowing content:
#contactMainDiv div {
  overflow: hidden;
}

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

You're awesome.

I have one last (hopefully) question: Is it possible to display more than one contacts-table on a single page? It doesn't look like any built in functionality, but I would think that as long as the table existed in the Joomla menu structure somewhere there would be a way to copy and pull the table-render itself through some sort of load-position trickery.

Dear Yvonne,

As you mentioned, it is not a default functionality, but please let us to check if customizing this would be possible with our developers and get back to you.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Dear Yvone,

If you have the certain list of which pairs of contacts need to be on single contacts pages, we can set that up for you. But if you need the ability to choose afterwards, that needs to be customized with an additional fee.

Please let us know.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Paying a fee each time wouldn't work, although I certainly can appreciate to time and effort you would be putting into it. These pages are changing too often with people coming and going.

Can you tell me, so I can try to figure out a work-around, how the table is rendered? For instance, when creating a new article, Joomla gives it a unique page ID which can be used to display the page. Does the menu item create any similar unique call number or anything that can be singly called out either in a loadposition, or loadmodule, or even an iframe or something?

Dear Yvonne,

Actually we meant we can customize so that you will be able to select the contacts to display on any single contact page, rather than paying a fee each time you need to change. So you will pay just one time.

Unfortunately Spider Contacts does not have a plugin, so that you could place two contacts in one article.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Gotcha.

Can you write up a quote on cost and functionality? You can email it to me if you don't want it publicly posted.

Dear Yvonne,

Could you please contact us to [email protected], mentioning the link to your forum post in the e-mail subject? We will discuss further by e-mail.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Email sent.

Dear Yvonne,

Thank you, we will respond to you soon.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Time to create page: 0.258 seconds