Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

Martin Nilsson created the topic: Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

Hi!

I'm trying to use this product now. I added paragraph (<p> and </p>) tags in the Text mode of the product description editor in the admin interface. But every time I update the product page (Save), these paragraph markings disappear. The same is true with the category descriptions editor.

Would you call this a bug or a feature, and is there any other way to get paragraphs that are permanent throughout updates? As the customer is supposed to be able to update these pages himself, I want the interface to be as simple as possible...

Best regards,
Martin Nilsson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Support replied the topic: Re: Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

Dear Martin,

This may be caused by your editor or editor's settings. What editor are you using on your wordpress?

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Martin Nilsson replied the topic: Re: Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

I think I am using the "standard editor". But actually I was of the impression that the editor that is used to update the product pages of Spider catalog doesn't work in exactly the same way as the ordinary editor; that's why I thought the problem was with Spider catalog. But now I see that they are indeed quite similar.

And, (importantly) actually the problem doesn't happen when I save a product page but every time I switch from the Text mode to the Visual mode and back. Excuse the confusion. This only happens when I edit Spider product pages (and category pages), not when I edit other pages.

Or actually, crucially, what happens is that paragraph markings disappear even when I switch from Text to Visual and back on normal page editing (i.e. non-Spider-pages), but crucially this doesn't actually affect the look of the page; the paragraphs still remain anyway. But when I switch from Text to Visual and back when editing Spider Catalog product pages (or category pages), then the paragraphs actually disappear even in the published result.

Sorry for the confusion.

Support replied the topic: Re: Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

Dear Nilsson,

Please, give us (to [email protected]) admin access to your site and we'll try to solve the problem.

Best regards,
Web-Dorado team

Joomla extensions ,
Wordpress plugins ,
Drupal modules

Martin Nilsson replied the topic: Re: Paragraphs disappear when saving product page

Thank you, I will send login directions to [email protected] shortly, but not before Wednesday, as I have an important meeting with the customer then, and any experimenting is best done after that point.

Thank you for your interest in helping out.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds