SEARCH string in categories, not only products...

T_querel created the topic: SEARCH string in categories, not only products...

Hello from a satisfied customer :)

I found out that there are lots of dumb customers that do not search using the menu category, and this makes them unable to see the correct results!

I'll try to explain better. If they search on my page here:
goo.gl/gcW2OB
and put the word - let's say - "navigazione" in the search field without selecting the "Navigazione" category, they will correctly get all the results where we have the word "navigazione" in the description fields of the DB, but not ALL the products of the category with the same name.

How could this be fixed?

Thank you a lot!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: SEARCH string in categories, not only products...

Dear user,

Thanks for posting this question!

Here's how the search functionality of Spider Catalog works. It looks up not only the title of catalog item, but also the description. That is why when user searches, some items, which don't have "Navigazione" in their e-mail, also appear.

But if you check their description, you will see that "Navigazione" is mentioned in that text.
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

T_querel replied the topic: SEARCH string in categories, not only products...

Thank you a lot Agapi :) But I know (of course) that the search looks in the description...

Maybe I have not been clear. What I'd want to do is the search to look the category too.

For example, if we have an item in category "LCD TV" and its description is not using the term "LCD", and I search the term "LCD" I still get it in the results because it belongs to the "LCD TV" category...

I hope I have been more clear now :)

Dear user,

As we understand, you basically want to search only within titles and descriptions, and not the categories. Am I right? If so, we can make a small modification on Pro version of the product.

Please confirm, in case the above mentioned is what you needed, and e-mail us to [email protected], in case you are interested in this customization.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

T_querel replied the topic: SEARCH string in categories, not only products...

Thank you Agapi, but no, it's exactly the opposite... :\

I don't know how to explain it better... please, re-read my last post :)

Thank you a lot!

Dear user,

So the opposite would be if the search only looked up based on categories. Do you want to have all items of a category, which is the keyword you are searching with, to appear in the search results?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds