Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Rieken created the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

I am using the Spider Calendar at the website of my Sailing Club: www.scgothia.de under the theme Attidude by Theme Horse.

No problem to get the text / info of the calender event if I click at the name of the event at the single page "Termine", the pop up window opens and the event text is display correct.

NOW my problem:

I use your "Upcoming Event Widget" to display the next events on most of the pages of our website in the right bar area. The upcoming events are listed correct in the widget area

If you click the hyperlinks provided by the widget for an event, the pop up window generates a 404 error instead of the event text.

I would be happy if someone can help me fixing that problem, many thanks in advance

Joachim

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Hi Joachim,

Thanks for your inquiry. The most probably your front-end and back-end URLs are different.

Joachim, please write our support team by using this contact form . Please send admin credentials for our developers to be able to check and solve the issue. Please also include this forum post URL in your email.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

Try out our brand new plugins:

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Explore them and share your thoughts!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rieken

Rieken replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Hi Zhanna,
Thank for your quick answer and help. Yes, your are right, I use different URL in our website. Is there fix without the need to give admin dredentials for your developers?

Best regards,
Joachim

Attachments:

Zhanna Khachatryan replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Hi Joachim.

Unfortunately, without admin access we won't be able to fix the issue.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

I beg your pardon for answering late. Don´t get me wrong but give admin access to people or company I do not know is against the web security rules I have to respect.

I think I am not the only one who install Wordpress not in the root directory of my webspace and followed the advice to use a separate sub dirctory for WP.

The link generated by your "upcoming event widget" i.e. is:

scgothia.de/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?acti...dth=600&tbHeight=500

If I open the link in an new browser tap and insert the WP sub directory in the http address the link works correct:

scgothia.de /wordpress/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?action=spidercalendarbig&calendar_id=widget-upcoming_events-2-title&theme_id=1&eventID=62&widget=1&date=2016-10-08&TB_iframe=1&tbWidth=600&tbHeight=500

I think there must be a easy way to fix this simple addition in the correct file path in the "upcoming event widget".

Thanks in advance
Joachim

Hi Rieken,

Please try the below solution.

Please enter spider-event-calendar\front_end

Here in all the files besides frontend_functions.php, find this code

$site_url = get_admin_url().'admin-ajax.php';

replace with this one:
$site_url = 'http://scgothia.de/wordpress/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php';

Please keep me updated with results.

For all the other users, please do not use this solution, without discussing with us.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Dear Zhanna,
thank you very much for your answer. I will try to work as suggest by you but I have to mention that I am not a coder so please do not be surprise if it will take some time until my feedback.
Cheers, Joachim

Dear Joachim,

Feel free to make the changes whenever you'll feel comfortable.

Please just drop me a line after doing the changes, I just want to make sure that it'll work correctly in your website.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Brian Smith replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

I have exactly the same problem - my installation is in a sub-folder and clicking on a link in the Upcoming Events widget provokes a 404. Clicking the same event in the Calendar widget works. This is a bug.

Also I find the Upcoming Events widget rather wasteful of space. Are there no options to reduce the line spacing etc.

Hi Brian,
did you try the solution suggested by Zhanna for your website and if so, does it fixed the problem for you?
Cheers, Joachim

Brian Smith replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Not yet, as your post said ask you first. I will try it later today.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Upcoming Event Widget does not work - 404 error

Hi Rieken and Brian!

Please do try the solution my colleague has suggested. But Brian, please make sure to replace the website URL with the value of your WordPress Address (admin) correspondingly in this code:

$site_url = 'http://example.com/directory/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php';

Let me know if it works.
Thank you! Have a great day!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dear Agapi,
i beg your pardon for answering late. I did as your developer suggest but it did not work for my site :-(
I really like Spider calender, it is a great tool that has a lot of useful features but because this bug I decided to replace Spider Calender and give another plugin a chance. If web-dorado fix that problem I will try Spider Calender again.
Greeting from Berlin

Hi Brian,
I was not able to fix the bug by the replacing the code as suggested by web-dorado :-( does that recoding solved the bug in in our case?
Cheers, Joachim

Dear users,

Can I ask you to try update the plugin, lately we had similar issue and update has fixed the problem.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Dear Zhanna,

I check the version of the spider calendar plugin I am using, I got the message that the lastet version is installed.

If I pick the "Spider Calendar" widget and place it into my sidebar, everything works fine. If I click on the date the event will be displayed correct in the popup.

BUT if I pick the your "Upcoming Events" plugin the known problem ist back.

There is a mistake / not correct text in the "Show event text" line too:

[caption id="attachment_860" align="aligncenter" w
See more

The attachment is a picture

If I click on the Headline of the event the pop up opens and the well known 404 warning information is on the display:

I do not understand why the on of you widget works fine and the other widget is producing the 404 mistake. I think the bug is not fix by now. Please fix you calendar and I will be happy to switch back to Spider calendar.

Best regards,
Joachim

Dear Joachim,

Our developers are already aware of this issue, we have fixed a similar bug but not exactly like this. Fixing it will require some strategical code changes but I hope we'll be able to fix it.

Kind regards,
Zhanna K.
Web-Dorado team

MailChimp WD
Google Analytics WD

Time to create page: 1.621 seconds