Recurring event, but note based on actual date

Rune Laegreid created the topic: Recurring event, but note based on actual date

Hi,
I am trying to use spider calendar to display daily time-lapse videos.
My idea is to have the URL to the video being constructed of the selected recurring event for date in the calendar.
e.g. you select June 5, 2015 and the url for the video would be something like www.mydomain.com/lapse/150605-lapse.mp4 . In this example the date is at the format yymmdd, but any date format could be supported.
Is this doable?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Agapi G. replied the topic: Recurring event, but note based on actual date

Hello Rune! Thank you for posting your requirement!

Unfortunately Spider Calendar does not have the mentioned functionality. You can use the event description option to place the video link in the description, but it cannot automatically generate the URL.

Thank you!
Have a fun Friday!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Rune Laegreid replied the topic: Recurring event, but note based on actual date

An alternative way could be to import events to the calendar.
You export csv from the calendar. Is there also a way to import or update the calendar via some scripting mechanism?

Hey Rune!

Looks like you are using Event Calendar WD, since Spider Calendar does not have exporting option. Am I correct?

Could you please let us know they way you would like the calendar updated? Kindly provide a little bit more details about the functionality you need to achieve, and we'll suggest the best solution for you.

Thanks in advance!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Hi,

Let me try to explain :-)
Daily time-lapse videos are uploaded to my server and I would like a calendar function to allow visitors to my web page to navigate to a specific date (e.g. June 26, 2015).
Currently the videos can be viewed through an auto generated plain html page ( torolmen.no/scripts/fav1.html ) which allows the visitor to scroll through the videos, but without any navigation assistance.
I would like to replace this with a date based navigation that opens a web page showing e.g. five time-lapse videos with the one from the selected date in the center.

Hello Rune! Thank you for sending the detailed description!

I spoke to our developers and unfortunately they say, that this functionality is very different from Event Calendar WD structure. And in order to achieve it, there have to be many changes, in fact, the plugin needs to be modified from top to the bottom.

Therefore, unfortunately we cannot make this customization for you due to not having enough spare resources.
Thanks for understanding!

Have a wonderful week!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Is there a possibility to edit the calendar contents from another interface which could allow for bulk import of events from a neutral file.
I have manually entered events for the months of May and June in www.torolmen.no/test-2 for your reference.

Hi Rune!

Unfortunately Spider Calendar does not have import functionality. It does have Export, which is created for users who would like to import events of Spider Calendar to Event Calendar WD (our other calendar plugin).

But please add your requirement as a suggestion to our Submit your idea page. We'd love to develop the functionality in future versions of the product.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds