Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

Landiegirl created the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

Hi,

I installed your calendar on my local site for testing and this worked fine. Now I want to install in on the real website. I installed the plugin (version 1.5.36) but I can't activate it. When I try to do tis I get this error :

Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $evented_color_bg in /customers/6/6/0/energyatvolvo.be/httpd.www/wp-content/plugins/spider-event-calendar/front_end/bigcalendarmonth.php on line 897

Can you help me fixing this problem ?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Landiegirl replied the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

I located where the error is in the code :

function evented_days($r, $number_of_shown_evetns, $ev_id, $i,$evented_color_bg,$evented_color_bg,$events_count){
if($r < $number_of_shown_evetns && $r < $events_count){ $ev_colid = $r; }
else $ev_colid = $r - 1;

if(str_replace('#','',category_color($ev_id[0]))=="") $cat_col_without_color = $evented_color_bg;
else $cat_col_without_color = '#' . str_replace('#','',category_color($ev_id[0]));

if($r>1){
if(category_color($ev_id[$r-1])=='#')
$cat_color_for_last='#' . str_replace('#','',$evented_color_bg);
else
$cat_color_for_last='#' . str_replace('#','',category_color($ev_id[$ev_colid]));
}
else $cat_color_for_last = $cat_col_without_color;

}

I find it strange that there is twice the same parameter.
On my other site this calendar was installed without any problems. But when I open the same file, I don't see the function where I have the problem now. Then I saw that on my local site I have version 1.5.35 and the site where I do get the error is version1.5.36

Agapi G. replied the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

Dear user,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem!

Could we please take a look at the problem from your website admin? The issue might be a bug, but no one else has reported it, so we cannot tell for sure. We'll check the issue on your website, found out its cause and in case it is a bug, we'll release an updated version with a fix.

So please contact us by e-mail ([email protected]) and give temporary WordPress admin access to your website. Our developers will check the issue and figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Also make sure to include the link to this forum thread in your message.
Thanks!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Landiegirl replied the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

You have mail.

Dear user,

Thanks a lot for sending the access!
I will review your ticket very soon and e-mail you further details.

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dave P. replied the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

What was the resolve to this issue?

Dear Dave,

Actually, Landiegirl did not get back to us after I sent her the following message:

Actually, I just checked and looks like editing of plugin files is disabled on this account. Could you please enable that access so our developers can work on the plugin? Or alternatively you can give us temporary FTP access to your website.

Probably she have figured out a way of resolving the problem, but unfortunately we don't know how that has been done.

So could you please submit a support ticket by sending temporary WordPress admin access information to [email protected]? Our developers will figure out a solution as soon as possible.

Make sure to indicate the link to this forum topic in your e-mail.
Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team

Dave P. replied the topic: Can't activate calendar due to fatal error

Thank You Aqapi, for getting back with me - but it would be impossible for me to give your team access to my site - I'm working in a test environment to validate items I would like to use on my active site, at the moment there's no outside access to this test environment - but if you have some suggestion that I might want to look at that might cause this type of issue, I would Appreciate...

Dear Dave,

Here's what you can try to resolve the problem. It will most probably work.

Firstly you need to uninstall Spider Calendar, which will delete its database tables. Please note, that if you have any data in Spider Calendar, this action will delete all of it. Then go to Plugins page of your website admin panel and Activate the plugin back.

Please check the attached screenshot. You need to use the circled menu item to uninstall the plugin. Let me know if this resolves the problem.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Agapi G.
Web-Dorado team
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds